Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice place for lunch with kids this Sun

• 03-01-2017 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    We're travelling from Galway, other person from Tipp and want to meet on Sun for lunch. Somewhere between Ennis and Limerick but not too far away from that route (e.g. Lahinch)

Nice tasting food, not too expensive (e.g.Dromoland) and suitable for kids (9 and 6). Open to any ideas, a place with spave/grounds that we could walk with the kids would be a plus but not essential.

Food type- anything really - pub grub, Italian but nothing that kids might not eat (e.g. Indian)

Thanks in advance,
    Pa

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Shennanigans at The Inn in Dromoland would definatley suit you. Formerly The Clare Inn.
    http://www.theinnatdromoland.ie/shannigans-gastro-pub.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

+1 for the Inn at Dromoland, hits all your needs really, there's even a childrens play area there that you can bring them into.

Outside of that Bunratty has a few places that could be an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Another vote for the inn at dromoland, although the food isn't as impressive as it used to be, it's still a good option, just off the motorway, and as mentioned they have an indoor bouncy castle, slide, ball pool type area too if you want to tire them out.
    I think dromoland castle have really clamped down on walkers going around the grounds /golf course, but if you can get in it's a lovely walk.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Another vote for the inn at dromoland, although the food isn't as impressive as it used to be, it's still a good option, just off the motorway, and as mentioned they have an indoor bouncy castle, slide, ball pool type area too if you want to tire them out.
    I think dromoland castle have really clamped down on walkers going around the grounds /golf course, but if you can get in it's a lovely walk.

I think (could be wrong here) but they are doing work on the golf course so they couldn't have people walking around. Another thing to note with the Inn is it can be a bit slow to get served so have plenty to entertain the kids (depending on their ages).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I love watching the view of the motorway from the window so I'm sure a child would too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

Tavern in Quin. Few minutes from Inn at Dromoland. Cant recommend highly enough. Great food and great prices. You can have look here

http://www.theabbeytavernquin.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Gallaghers or the Creamery in Bunratty

Advertisement