Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marlboro Lights

• 03-01-2017 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

If Daniel O'Donnell and Niall Horan did cigarettes, they'd do Marlboro Lights. They're softer than Bono throwing rolls of Charmin at a television showing The Fault in Our Stars. Tesco, as it happened, didn't have my usual brand. "F*ck you then," I said (I didn't) and went to another place. Do you think they'd have them? Guess again, my friends.

My brand is John Player, but if they're unavailable then I usually punt for Mayfair. Sadly, this place had neither and I panicked. "Eh....have you got Marlboro Lights?" I imagine the people behind me in the queue had to hold in the laughter. "We do, yeah," said your one. She hits the button and they come tumbling down the machine.

"Why didn't I ask for Marlboro Red?" I wonder to myself instantly, but I was philosophical. I go outside and spark up, knowing that I've only got another 19 of these left before I can call myself a real man again. As of writing this there's seven left and I don't like them.

F*ck you 2017.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Hammer89 wrote: »
    If Daniel O'Donnell and Niall Horan did cigarettes, they'd do Marlboro Lights. They're softer than Bono throwing rolls of Charmin at a television showing The Fault in Our Stars. Tesco, as it happened, didn't have my usual brand. "F*ck you then," I said (I didn't) and went to another place. Do you think they'd have them? Guess again, my friends.

My brand is John Player, but if they're unavailable then I usually punt for Mayfair. Sadly, this place had neither and I panicked. "Eh....have you got Marlboro Lights?" I imagine the people behind me in the queue had to hold in the laughter. "We do, yeah," said your one. She hits the button and they come tumbling down the machine.

"Why didn't I ask for Marlboro Red?" I wonder to myself instantly, but I was philosophical. I go outside and spark up, knowing that I've only got another 19 of these left before I can call myself a real man again. As of writing this there's seven left and I don't like them.

F*ck you 2017.

Why not buy a pack of Rothmans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

F*ck you 2017.
    You should have got some silk cut ultra. Real man fags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Thanks for the pep talk. I smoke them but I need to quit. I'll remember this sage advice, sure they're like fresh air.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Why not buy a pack of Rothmans?

My mindfulness training abandoned me and I lacked composure in the moment to think of the thousand other possible brands, but Marlboro Lights sprung to mind.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

F*ck you 2017.

Benson and Hedges would have been your best bet there.

• Advertisement

You should have got some silk cut ultra. Real man fags.

I thought you Bonds only smoked Morland brand cigarettes?

Hang your head in shame.....

mzungu wrote: »

Sure listen, hindsight is a great thing bruh. Fourteen down, six to go now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

mzungu wrote: »

20 Carrolls would also work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You'd need lungs on you like an ox to get a decent pull from Marlboro Lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Don't worry, they might taste different, but they can still give you cancer.

• Advertisement

Sure listen, hindsight is a great thing bruh. Fourteen down, six to go now.

Just take the remaining 6 and do this:

https://mcgarnagle.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/vlcsnap-00105.jpg

RayM wrote: »

I'd rather have cancer than smoke Marlboro Lights again.

How many left to get through?

Still six I think, but I got a pack of real cigarettes since then so I'll save those sorry excuse for a cigarette for a rainy day I suspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

RayM wrote: »

You should probably go to some other doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Smoke major or don't smoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Smoke Lights erry day

#gangsta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Rip the filters off Major, smoke it backwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

OP, you are a victim of the ridiculous decision to hide cigarettes away in a big wooden box.

Throw the remaining Marlboro Lights in the bin, which is the only place they should ever be seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

F*ck you 2017.

Is 2017 the year you come out finally?
    You're only codding yourself with your JP, everyone knows. This time next year you'll be back decrying the fact you've just bought 20 Consulate by "mistake".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

You'd need lungs on you like an ox to get a decent pull from Marlboro Lights.

Have an aunt who smokes Silk Cut Silver.

Like sucking air through a straw.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Smoke major or don't smoke.

Major are tipped.

What type of pussy smokes a filtered cigarette?

Real men smoke Players Navy Cut. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

You also need lungs of steel to smoke a pack of Rothmans,
    Die hard cigarettes there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Yizzer all a bunch of fungin' wooftahs. Woodbines be the shiz-nit. Having said that, I smoke Marlboro Lights myself. :D

Advertisement