Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Knocks 2017

• 03-01-2017 10:47pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A while away yet and not sure when there'll be an annoucement, but below are the teams.
    Maybe with a better tennessee team they may get it..

If Indi/Chi get rid of their coach they'll be removed

Baltimore

Cleveland

Tennessee

Indianapolis

Philadelphia

Chicago

Tampa Bay

New Orleans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'd be surprised if it's not Tampa Bay.

- Young, quote-able QB

- RB with a drug problem

- Second Round kicker in the spotlight

- Superstar WR with catch of the year this year

- The absolute lunatic that is Vernon Hargreaves (seriously, look up his mic'd up games)

There's probably more that I've forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I would like to see Philly, Tampa Bay or Cleveland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I bet whoever it is won't let the cameras film their QB being unable to throw basis fade balls like the Rams did this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I think Cleveland would be fascinating simply because it seems like the single most dysfunctional organisation possible. Plus they'll have two first rounders, including the no 1 pick, so that's always interesting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

As a Bucs fan I'd love to see more of my team, but im not sure how helpful Hard Knocks would be in terms of a playoff push next year.

Might help with Season Ticket sales though as it might appeal to the fans in Tampa after seeing the players in a different light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

It's a mystery to me how the Browns haven't been done yet. It would be fascinating to see what kind of attitude they have going into a season after so many years of failure, and how players respond in that environment, and how they envision dragging themselves out of the seemingly neverending tailspin.

In fact, after a few years where the Hard Knocks format has become completely stale and the show seems fairly pointless, the Browns are the only interesting option left. it might take a slight shift in tone, away from the cliche-riddled tedium of listening to coaches and players rattling on about how competitive the NFL is, how they will achieve greatness, how hard they fcuking work (seriously, they need to shut up about that). Talking to Browns staff and players would make a big change because the questions and answers would all be totally different than for any other team. The show is just monotonous training montages otherwise, the drama coming up to the cut is interesting but it is obviously essentially the exact same story every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

It's a mystery to me how the Browns haven't been done yet.

" Teams are exempt from being forced to participate in three circumstances: (1) they have appeared in the past ten years, (2) they have a first-year head coach, or (3) they reached the playoffs in either of the two preceding seasons"

According to Wikipedia, the Browns have had 8 first-year coaches in the 15 years, which means they were exempt for over half the seasons. I'd also say that the fact that t he movie Draft Day (which was heavily endorsed by the NFL) was based in the Browns organisation had something to do with them never being "volunteered" by the NFL to appear.

Although I agree to an extent RDS, there was ample scope for "storylines" when it came to the 2016 edition.

New home in LA. Number 1 pick and the associated pressures. It is just that the programme makes did a really bad job in making those story lines watchable.

D9Male wrote: »
    Although I agree to an extent RDS, there was ample scope for "storylines" when it came to the 2016 edition.

New home in LA. Number 1 pick and the associated pressures. It is just that the programme makes did a really bad job in making those story lines watchable.
    All the awful boring tedious people they were filming didn't help either. Except for Kush. His tank tops were the highlight.

Just do it in Chicago so we can see Kush for another year.

• Advertisement

D9Male wrote: »
    Just do it in Chicago so we can see Kush for another year.

Yeah despite what I said earlier, for reasons entirely to do with my own bias I'd love to see them film the Bears. Don't think it would be the most entertaining for neutrals. I really think Kush will be a part of the set up this year, thought he did very well as back up last year when the injury bug spread to the guards, and would like to see him get followed by the cameras again but with a happy ending this time because he seems like a good guy. But Fox and Pace have rooted out all of the really *interesting* characters from the team. A series with Marty Bennett and Brandon Marshall would have been cool but that ship has sailed.

Nice little article ranking the possible teams for next season

http://awfulannouncing.com/2017/nfl-hard-knocks-ranking-teams-bears-saints-browns.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭letowski

The Bucs are reportedly set to be announced this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Had hoped it would be the titan's but guess not

Happy enough that it's the Bucs.

It's a distraction and teams generally don't do fantastically well after Hard Knocks but we're not exactly tearing things up as we are!

Can't wait to see more of Jameis and Kwon Alexander especially.

The Doug Martin storyline should be cool along with the kicking battle between Folk and Aguayo.

Someone at this site thinks i has potential to be good anyway

http://thecomeback.com/nfl/buccaneers-best-hard-knocks-ever.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well this year can't be as boring as last season, when we had the human version of dry wall in Jeff fisher being the head coach and a 1st overall pick who couldn't get it. I think the hard knocks lads thought with it being in LA that the glitz would cover the dumpster fire of a football team.

I still think the Browns was the way to go, but as far as I'm concerned the show has run its course a long time ago, the only thing is there might be the odd interesting character in it like Chad Johnson, but there's a fine line between having charisma and being annoying that he was just on the right side of. Then there's the odd hate figure like Cushing. But as a whole it's gone completely stale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I still think the Browns was the way to go, but as far as I'm concerned the show has run its course a long time ago, the only thing is there might be the odd interesting character in it like Chad Johnson, but there's a fine line between having charisma and being annoying that he was just on the right side of. Then there's the odd hate figure like Cushing. But as a whole it's gone completely stale.

I tend to agree with you, it is nothing new & you probably have guys playing up to it. Rex & The Jets were great.

However I think I read that it is a hugely popular show in terms of viewership so that will keep it around for a long while yet.

• Advertisement

HigginsJ wrote: »
    I tend to agree with you, it is nothing new & you probably have guys playing up to it. Rex & The Jets were great.

However I think I read that it is a hugely popular show in terms of viewership so that will keep it around for a long while yet.

Yeah, I mean for all my moaning I'll be watching it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Any news on when/if Sky are showing it this year or are their any other options? Gamepass?

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Any news on when/if Sky are showing it this year or are their any other options? Gamepass?

Gamepass in previous years has it up night after it aired in America. With the big rebuild of gamepass I'm not sure how it will work.

Starts on Thursday night on SS Arena at 10:30pm. Will be up on Gamepass on Friday morning.

According to post on NFLUK.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Starts on Thursday night on SS Arena at 10:30pm. Will be up on Gamepass on Friday morning.

According to post on NFLUK.

Ughhh, I thought game pass would have it tonight like previous years

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭slimpickens

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-hard-knocks/0ap3000000827378/Hard-Knocks-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-Episode-1

They are being generous.
    Very good start. Jameis commits a minor GOT spoiler at end.

It's getting great love online which is good to see. Now everyone loves Winston as much as Bucs fans.

He's an infectious character and a great leader. The way he got the whole room to stand and respect the Canadian national anthem was brilliant.

Now if he'd protect the ball just a bit better, the Bucs will go places fast. We've a serious receiving corps. A big DLine. 2 talented LB'ers and a coach who is kind and warm to the players when needed and able to give players a kick in the ass at other times when needed.

I have been bored of hard knocks the last season or two but this was a promising start, the focus on the HC and the QB is a different angle than the usual thing just following the guys getting cut every year, and just in general it was more entertaining than it's been for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Yeah liked the Cards but jeez the Rams was poor. Back on form I think. Loved the Lebowski link........

• Advertisement

I've just watched the first episode of this season and winston comes across very well. I definitely warmed to him as well as dirk koetter who probably got a bad rap over the way he took over and the reporting of how he did get the job.

Advertisement