Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

applying for stamp 4 - documents needed / visa extension

• 03-01-2017 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi everyone, I'm planning to marry my boyfriend in February, he currently has a Stamp 2 Visa, it expires mid February. My questions are: if we take the documents saying that we have given notice of intention to marry to Immigration could he get an extension on his visa? Other question: what documents exactly do we need to apply for Stamp 4? We've been living together but we let a room from someone else so don't have our names on a contract, should we try to sort this out before applying? What else might we need?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

tatsplat wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm planning to marry my boyfriend in February, he currently has a Stamp 2 Visa, it expires mid February. My questions are: if we take the documents saying that we have given notice of intention to marry to Immigration could he get an extension on his visa? Other question: what documents exactly do we need to apply for Stamp 4? We've been living together but we let a room from someone else so don't have our names on a contract, should we try to sort this out before applying? What else might we need?
    Thanks

Started getting a lot of documents together, he (eventually) will need at least 5 different proofs of address per year, if/when he does to apply for citizenship.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tatsplat

He is Brazilian. I'm part Irish but actually here working/living with an Italian citizenship (my mum.) Not sure if it makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭eurasian

No. Intention to marry won't work as a basis to extend his stay. The purpose of Stamp 2/2A is to study. End of study = end of stay. Iintention to marry and being married are not the same. If you wish to live together in Ireland you have to get married first and then he will need to apply for a permission to stay as spouse of an Irish citizen. Read the INIS website. It covers all this extensively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

He is Brazilian. I'm part Irish but actually here working/living with an Italian citizenship (my mum.) Not sure if it makes a difference.

Are you a dual (Italian/Irish) citizen, or just Italian ?

Are you a dual (Italian/Irish) citizen, or just Italian ?

Actually I'm a dual British/Italian citizen because I was born in England. My dad is half Irish, my granddad was born here and went to work there. My British passport expired but I won't renew it - Brexit - I have my Italian national ID for the minute which allows me residency/travel in EU. Then I might get my Italian or Irish passport. Someone told me it was better for my fiance to apply for STAMP4 on the basis of me being Italian rather than Irish. Something like, you only need to renew every 5 years rather than every year.

I also heard from my cousin that he could apply for Stamp 1 if he found a job in his area (he is in mechanical maintenance, industrial machines) but every time he's had an offer, at the end they've said they needed someone with Stamp 4.

"Ireland
    British mongrrls and their non European illegal immigrant pets don't belong in Ireland. Feck off home to the UK. You subhumans are neither needed nor wanted in our homeland.

Get the feck out of our country. Ireland for the Irish!"

Private message received from someone on the boards here. I didn't think people like this existed in this day and age. I cried.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

"Ireland
    British mongrrls and their non European illegal immigrant pets don't belong in Ireland. Feck off home to the UK. You subhumans are neither needed nor wanted in our homeland.

Get the feck out of our country. Ireland for the Irish!"

Private message received from someone on the boards here. I didn't think people like this existed in this day and age. I cried.

Please make sure you report that message so that the scum who sent it can be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭daithi84

IF you are in a relationship for 2 years you can apply for a stamp 4 under defacto relationship. you do not have to get married for a stamp 4. You have to prove you are living together for at least a year and that the relationship is long term.

Advertisement