Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Hall of Fame 2017

Options
  • 03-01-2017 10:58pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So PW Insider reporting that the first person going into the HoF this year is DDP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought maybe The Rock

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

DDP, The Rock, Daniel Bryan, Batista, Chyna, the Dudleyz may go in this year imo

A lot of attitude era/2000's stars may start go into the hall from 2017 on, although a handful of 70's/80's/early 90's are still to go in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

The Rock, Daniel Bryan and Batista are not going into the hall of fame in the same year. They are all headliners. A likely class IMO is The Rock, DDP, Eric Bischoff, Vader and The Great Muta (I can see them doing this to build some links in Japan).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Trump needs to go in again because he's twice the man the rest of them are

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Trump needs to go in again because he's twice the man the rest of them are

Mr.President, I didn't know had a boards account. Well done on the election and all that jazz.

Somebody in the prediction thread suggested Lemmy/Motörhead for the celeb wing of the HOF this year. Given Hunters clout I'd say it's a near certainty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Mr.President, I didn't know had a boards account. Well done on the election and all that jazz.

Somebody in the prediction thread suggested Lemmy/Motörhead for the celeb wing of the HOF this year. Given Hunters clout I'd say it's a near certainty.

I was one of the posters who mentioned this, not sure who the other was, and like you said given Hunter's clout, plus his friendship with Lemmy, you'd think automatic entry - plus Lemmy's contributions to the company and Hunter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Kurt Angle? HOF and an involvement of some sort at Mania?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

With UK tournament I wish they will finally induct Davey Boy Smith or even William Regal into HOF this year.

I personally would prefer if they left it about 5/6 years to induct Rocky. ATM it could turn into a roast like the time he inducted his dad as he is Mr. Blockbuster. I want his induction to be all about the wrasslin'.

The tag team one is one that interests me every year. Probably moreso than the singles competitors there are so many top draw teams to be inducted.

Will one of the TLC three go in this year?

WWE love the throwbacks putting in their inspirations. Given America Alpha are Steiner brothers lite maybe they could indict them in. Although I could be wrong in say it Scott may still be blackballed. Plus I think Steiners are always overlooked as one of the GOAT.

Likewise Enzo and Cas could give a nod to the New Age Outlaws who imho will go in sooner or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I know why, but I always expected Owen Hart to go in after the release of his Hart of Gold DVD. I understand the legal side of things with his widow, but I thought some arrangement would be made.

Id say Davey Boy could be a good shout. Vader perhaps after his health issues. While I agree Lemmy could easily go in, Id say WWE will more likely go for celebs that are alive for the extra mainstream publicity. After all its business first.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

PWInsider also reckon Rick Rude will be going in this year.

Rick Rude is a fine choice. Great talent who should have been bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    PWInsider also reckon Rick Rude will be going in this year.

Excellent stuff. Finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I think they might hold off from inducting Chyna into HOF for a few years. If she does go in though, Triple H is pretty much only person who can deliver a good speech for her.

It is normally quite easy to guess or link a person with who will induct them but haven't a monkeys who would induct Rude.

Might be a family member as that seems to be the way when the inductee has passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

It is normally quite easy to guess or link a person with who will induct them but haven't a monkeys who would induct Rude.

Might be a family member as that seems to be the way when the inductee has passed.

Heyman would be my guess managed him and seemed to be great friends.

sky88 wrote: »
    Heyman would be my guess managed him and seemed to be great friends.

Heyman and madusa would be Good choices.

Bobby Heenan if his health will allow it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Per WoL, the current list is...

DDP
    Ravishing Rick Rude
    William Regal
    Christian
    The Natural Disasters
    IRS

Also, they reckon Taker will be the headliner.

I love that line up. DDP had a serious run in WCW but all the rest would be classed as colossal talents that had their place on the roster.

To be honest Earthquake's career had much more note than Tugger's and the natural disasters run was quite short. I can understand why they're going in together.

IRS is a guy I never rated at the time but if you look back at 90s PPvs he really was top notch both on the mike and in the ring.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I love that line up. DDP had a serious run in WCW but all the rest would be classed as colossal talents that had their place on the roster.

To be honest Earthquake's career had much more note than Tugger's and the natural disasters run was quite short. I can understand why they're going in together.

IRS is a guy I never rated at the time but if you look back at 90s PPvs he really was top notch both on the mike and in the ring.

DDP is a bit of a hero for what he's been doing with Scott Hall and Jake The Snake as well. Didn't Jericho say he'd taken up yoga because of Dallas as well?

The IRS one should be an interesting family affair if Bo and Bray are happy to break character. :D

IRS in the early eighties in WWF was seriously over and he competed at the original WM with his brother in law Barry windham.

I wonder who will induct IRS ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    IRS in the early eighties in WWF was seriously over and he competed at the original WM with his brother in law Barry windham.

I wonder who will induct IRS ?

Bray Wyatt is his son isn't he?

Pentecost wrote: »
    Bray Wyatt is his son isn't he?

Correct as is bo Dallas. I'm sure his daughter will be there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Per WoL, the current list is...

DDP
    Ravishing Rick Rude
    William Regal
    Christian
    The Natural Disasters
    IRS

Also, they reckon Taker will be the headliner.

Christian should be the headliner :p inducted by Edge

bray and bo inducting there dad while both in character is something I would pay to see

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

IRS, the man I knew as Michael Wallstreet. Was looking up who accompanied him to the ring in WCW and turns out it was Terri Runnels.

Also have WWE ever inducted two dead wrestlers in the same year ? I knew one of the natural disasters (earthquake and typhoon) was dead and it's earthquake. So with rude being dead I was just wondering.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    IRS, the man I knew as Michael Wallstreet. Was looking up who accompanied him to the ring in WCW and turns out it was Terri Runnels.
    She did it in wcw ? My recollection of him being Michael Wall Street was around the time goldust and Terri were in WWE.

• Advertisement

Yea was definitely terri but think she left soon after they debuted to go wwe with Dustin

Advertisement