Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Hall of Fame 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Wonder is there much chance of Brock inducting him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I hope they allow him to acknowledge his career in TNA where he had some of best matches with the likes of Samoa Joe and AJ Styles.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,714 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dixie :)

With Jeff and Karen :p

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kurt on Lilian's podcast last night

“The one that I would really love to have a final match with right now is the kid that’s the hottest right now in WWE and that’s AJ Styles. I wrestled AJ in TNA, and I can tell you that he is every bit as good as Shawn Michaels. The thing with AJ Styles, and I want everybody to realize this–you don’t have to do anything with him. He does all the work. So it’s an easy match for you. He flies around the ring. He does all the bumping.

AJ is a special individual where you can go in that ring and literally just stand in the middle and he does everything for you. I have never had a match with anybody that’s been so easy, and every time I worked with him it was a five star match. So AJ’s that kind of talent. He only comes around once in a lifetime, so I’d really love to shake it up with him one more time if I could.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

The rumour going around is that Beth Phoenix is female inductee this year.

I do think she deserves it because she was one of top females of divas division during mid to late noughties, but she was not really iconic compared to likes of Trish, Lita, Sunny, Madusa to name a few.

I mostly remeber Beth Phoenix for her comedy stuff with Santino and her "I Quit" match with Melina which is one of my favourite women matches of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The rumour going around is that Beth Phoenix is female inductee this year.

I do think she deserves it because she was one of top females of divas division during mid to late noughties, but she was not really iconic compared to likes of Trish, Lita, Sunny, Madusa to name a few.

I mostly remeber Beth Phoenix for her comedy stuff with Santino and her "I Quit" match with Melina which is one of my favourite women matches of all time.

She was unfortunate as she finally got her break when Big Johnny Ace was in full power mode, he didnt care for the division apart from the t 'n'a.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

beakerjoe wrote: »
    She was unfortunate as she finally got her break when Big Johnny Ace was in full power mode, he didnt care for the division apart from the t 'n'a.

in fairness to johnny it was the enrire company that didnt care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

They wont touch Chyna with a ten foot pole, she ended up a complete nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I've read that Kurt wants Steve Austin to induct him. He also wants WWE to acknowledge his TNA work and feuds with Joe, AJ etc, even going as far as to say they should reach out to TNA to get rights to use some of their video library featuring him and the rest now working for the 'E

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I've read that Kurt wants Steve Austin to induct him. He also wants WWE to acknowledge his TNA work and feuds with Joe, AJ etc, even going as far as to say they should reach out to TNA to get rights to use some of their video library featuring him and the rest now working for the 'E

If true, he's reaching a hell of a lot. He should be happy with what hes got. He clearly wants this bad and I agree those things would make things better, but I doubt Vince will bend over backwards for him like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The video library thing might be a bit much but I see nothing wrong with him wanting to mention his work in TNA with guys like AJ and Joe, that also helps them. They've mentioned Japan plenty with AJ, Finn and The Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

"Kurt Angle who quit the wrestling business in 2006 but somehow has history with AJ Styles and Samoa Joe"

Mad to think he was in TNA longer than WWE

But we get why its a no go right, Vince doesnt like it. Its Vinces company and HOF and he can do what he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Eric Bischoff and Paul Heymen deserve to be inducted for there contributions to the industry

Lemmy (or Motorhead as a whole) would be good for the celebrity wing

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Eric Bischoff and Paul Heymen deserve to be inducted for there contributions to the industry

Lemmy (or Motorhead as a whole) would be good for the celebrity wing

WWE like living celebs, for the publicity and extra attention, so I doubt Lemmy will go in unless HHH pushes for it.

gerrybbadd wrote: »

As Joe and AJ are now in WWE, can it be mentioned or is TNA banned :confused:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    As Joe and AJ are now in WWE, can it be mentioned or is TNA banned :confused:

Well TNA was been mentioned a few times, most recently by AJ on the Stonecold Podcast.

Whether its banned or not, its wildly avoided and its rare that talent speak of TNA on air.

Who knows what Kurt will say or what in his acceptance speech. He may be told to not mention TNA, he may be told to mention it without using the name or for all we know Vince and others might not mind as much now as they have in previous years and might not care. Hell Kurt could just talk about it anyway and get an ear bashing. Who knows at this point.

If Kurt doesnt wrestle between now and the rumble, ill be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Take it you mean between now and Mania?

Easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission I suppose.
    Maybe he can start using phrases like how he made an Impact in his time away from WWE, with the likes of AJ and Joe

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Take it you mean between now and Mania?

Easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission I suppose.
    Maybe he can start using phrases like how he made an Impact in his time away from WWE, with the likes of AJ and Joe

Yes I did mean now and Mania, my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

He's definitely booked between now and Mania. I'm sure I saw an advert for another match vs Cody for the second week in March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Between, Kurt, Beth and Christian, Edge is gonna have a very full on Hall of Fame this year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

beakerjoe wrote: »
    WWE like living celebs, for the publicity and extra attention, so I doubt Lemmy will go in unless HHH pushes for it.

There can't be many celeb that would drum up colossal interest in the mainstream that are left to go into the HOF. Tyson, Arnie, Trump and Mr T have all gone in.

Kim Kardashian, Floyd Mayweather and Shaq are the only real standouts left in my opinion. Kasdashian at the moment is in a different stratosphere to the WWE HOF.

Between, Kurt, Beth and Christian, Edge is gonna have a very full on Hall of Fame this year

Is Christian definitely going in? I thought I might be asked to induct him :p

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I hope they don't announce Angle for the Rumble.

Hopefully it's more of a 'surprise' at least to build a bit of suspense.

Have Rusev come in at 5 or 6, clear out whatever chumps are in at the time, watching down the ramp as the clock goes down, then watch everyone lose their absolute sh*t when that music hits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Would love to see Motorhead go in to the HOF.

Delighted that Kurt Angle is going in this year. One of my favourites.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    There can't be many celeb that would drum up colossal interest in the mainstream that are left to go into the HOF. Tyson, Arnie, Trump and Mr T have all gone in.

Kim Kardashian, Floyd Mayweather and Shaq are the only real standouts left in my opinion. Kasdashian at the moment is in a different stratosphere to the WWE HOF.

Ozzy Osbourne could get inducted to the celebrity win

Find the HOF a bit corny and a little bit of an ass kissing ceremony. When someone makes a joke why are all guys in the audience laugh so hysterically

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Same reasons we all laugh at a best man speech - a combination of alcohol and affection for the person up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I don't think Beth Phoenix is deserving of the HOF.

She wasn't around long enough, and was in Chyna's shadow. She broke no moulds really.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Same reasons we all laugh at a best man speech - a combination of alcohol and affection for the person up there.

you would think the guys fighting at mania the next night would not drink but sure why not . Heard the mania after party is something else and lots of alcohol is consumed lol

this year the HOF is being moved to the Friday night as NXT takeover will be the Saturday before mania

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lol

Advertisement