Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Hall of Fame 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I won't ever hear a bad word against the WWE HOF because without it we wouldn't have gotten the broadcast gold that was Mr T in 2014.

I mean he went into business for himself and triple H disappeared from the front row after it. Kane having to come out and give him the go home signal. Stone cold pissing himself laughing.

It was also my favourite event that I followed on a thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

He just wanted to thank his Momma

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Beefy78 wrote: »
    He just wanted to thank his Momma

For an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Next inductees to be announced for the HOF are rumoured to be
    the Rock n Roll Express
    . About time, if it's true.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Next inductees to be announced for the HOF are rumoured to be
    the Rock n Roll Express
    . About time, if it's true.

Oh **** if that's true i'd be so happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Well TNA was been mentioned a few times, most recently by AJ on the Stonecold Podcast.

Whether its banned or not, its wildly avoided and its rare that talent speak of TNA on air.

Who knows what Kurt will say or what in his acceptance speech. He may be told to not mention TNA, he may be told to mention it without using the name or for all we know Vince and others might not mind as much now as they have in previous years and might not care. Hell Kurt could just talk about it anyway and get an ear bashing. Who knows at this point.

If Kurt doesnt wrestle between now and the rumble, ill be surprised.

They allowed Dudley Boys to talk about their TNA run breifly on their DVD as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I don't think Beth Phoenix is deserving of the HOF.

She wasn't around long enough, and was in Chyna's shadow. She broke no moulds really.

I'm going to have to stop you there. When Chyna left the WWE there was a gap for a female wrestler who looked like she could decimate the females and give the guys what for in the ring. Her segments with Santino were funny. She is deserving IMO.

The rock and roll express are confirmed to be in the 2017 class of the hall of fame.
    http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe-hall-fame/wwe-hall-of-fame-2017/article/rock-n-roll-express-wwe-hall-of-fame-class-2017

Next on the list is both versions of the midnight express with James E Cornette and a live mic. Oh please let this happen at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The rock and roll express are confirmed to be in the 2017 class of the hall of fame.
    http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe-hall-fame/wwe-hall-of-fame-2017/article/rock-n-roll-express-wwe-hall-of-fame-class-2017

Next on the list is both versions of the midnight express with James E Cornette and a live mic. Oh please let this happen at some point.

I think you'll see Paul E in it before Jimmy. While Paul always had that edge you knew he was also capable of reigning it in for his own interests.

Jimmy just couldn't be trusted. :pac: I don't see what the big issue would be anyway, if anyone started on a tirade you could just cut them off like they would at any other awards ceremony. I mean if they could take the risk of putting Bruno and Warrior up there I can't understand the issue with Cornette.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

he does deserve to be in the hall of fame for his work but i cant stand cornette and at this stage would glady never listen to him anymore or his rants

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Hope a sh*t load of tag teams induct him. Holla holla!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I can see his speech being long and getting mixed up a lot, unless he writes it down.
    Doom to induct?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Hope a sh*t load of tag teams induct him. Holla holla!

He could just go One on One with the Undah Takah

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

He could just go One on One with the Undah Takah

Buckle up teddy

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe not this year, but could Chavo Sr. go in?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I think Chavo Snr was involved in lawsuit against WWE, so maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Diamond Dallas Page
    going into the Hall this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Diamond Dallas Page
    going into the Hall this year.

So so so deserved.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Good to see, it's nice when someone who actually deserves a spot goes in.

• Advertisement

Beth Phoenix
    the newest inductee.

I strongly disagree with this, if anyone should've gone in, it should've been Chyna.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well, we had some great names going in this year, there had to be at least one that doesn't deserve it eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

They are starting to get into the forgotten era of divas division (circa 2007-2015) with Hall of Fame.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Beth Phoenix
    the newest inductee.

I strongly disagree with this, if anyone should've gone in, it should've been Chyna.

I strongly disagree also. Sure, they'd be as well sticking Kelly Kelly in as well now.

I strongly disagree also. Sure, they'd be as well sticking Kelly Kelly in as well now.

Well that's scratching the bottom of the barrel, no offence to Kelly Kelly or anything..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Very cynical I know but I wonder is her now being Mrs.Edge push this a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,967 ✭✭✭✭briany

I notice Luna's long overdue a posthumous induction.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I really like Beth. And if this was 10 years down the line, I could accept the reasoning. But her career is way to fresh in the mind, and wasn't THAT impressive compared to some others who are in it, and some who aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,714 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Very cynical I know but I wonder is her now being Mrs.Edge push this a bit.

Yes think the same

I would have thought the likes of Ivory, Victoria or even Stacey or Torrie (I know both not known for their wrestling ability in ring) would go in before Beth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I can't remember Beth for anything other than the comedy stuff with Santino.

Advertisement