Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Hall of Fame 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Realistically and to be somewhat blunt about it, most people you'd associate with Rude when you think of his career are dead. The only other two options I could think of would be Jake the Snake or maybe Curtis Axel considering how close he was with Henning.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Cena has been confirmed as the man to induct Angle into the HoF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lord TSC wrote: »

I thought it was going to be SCSA, I wonder will get a rap off Cena as his debut was against Kurt

I take it Christian isn't going in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So that's Ricky steamboat inducting Rick rude and cena inducting angle. are they only two inductors we know officially ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Lord TSC wrote: »

That sounds like WWE thinking of ratings rather than someone who was actually a big part of Angles career inducting him.
    I dont watch WWE much anymore but I did when Angle was in his prime from 2000 - 2005. Surely HHH, Steve Austin or The Rock should be the man for that job. All three had brilliant matches and rivalries with Kurt through those years.He was always a quite gullible character and easy to wind-up, Im sure they have a funny story or two about Angle to throw in as well.
    I stopped watching when he left but Ill watch his speech.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So that's Ricky steamboat inducting Rick rude and cena inducting angle. are they only two inductors we know officially ?

The APA are inducting Teddy Long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I would guess Santino or Natalya to induct Beth

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Could be Edge on account of them being married?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    I would guess Santino or Natalya to induct Beth

Save Edge to induct Christian;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

should be intresting never thought id see cornette on wwe tv

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/843871526030131200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

sky88 wrote: »

I Pray theres an interaction between him and Kevin Owens.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

10 years of shoot interviews burning WWE and Corny is finally back :PAC:
    Can't wait for his speech.

Jesus Christ Jim cornette with a live mic on WWE tv ? I'd say Kevin Dunn is worried. I can't fecking wait to hear this.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    sky88 wrote: »

I Pray theres an interaction between him and Kevin Owens.....
    And Kevin Dunn. Oh to be a fly on the wall if they have to interact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That alone is a reason to watch the HoF.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

****ing hell. If Jim Cornette can get back on WWE TV, then anyone can.

Also hopefully it's the first steps at mending some fences so Cornette can get rightly inducted in the future.

https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/843873437819064320

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jesus Christ Jim cornette with a live mic on WWE tv ? I'd say Kevin Dunn is worried. I can't fecking wait to hear this.

Get the popcorn and fizzy drinks..

giphy.gif
    And Kevin Dunn. Oh to be a fly on the wall if they have to interact.

BREAKING NEWS - Kevin Dunn sweating bullets already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Think anyone expecting Jim to say anything that'll make the higher ups sweat buckets will be disappointed. Jim is doing this for the Rock 'N' Roll Express, two men he has a huge amount of respect for and (say what you will about the man) will have enough class to make the induction about them rather than use it as a platform to get himself and his views on the product over.

That been said, I am looking forward to his speech simply because of how great of a storyteller he is and I'm sure he has lots in the tank to tell about JCP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,167 ✭✭✭✭briany

Jim Cornette has been critical of certain persons that work, or have worked, for WWE such as Kevin Dunn and Shawn Michaels. I don't count Vince Russo as that goes beyond criticism to a fiery, venomous hatred from the 7th circle of Hell. However, Cornette has also stated that while he may not agree with Vince's vision of how wrestling should be presented and promoted, he's always been able to compartmentalize that disagreement and speak positively of Vince in other aspects of their professional relationship.

But they almost always come back and Cornette doing something at the HoF isn't all that surprising in the comparison to Warrior and Bret Hart. Only thing that would count against Cornette getting inducted himself would be Kevin Dunn finding out that Cornette has based part of his later career on calling Dunn a, and I quote, "Beaver-toothed motherf***er".

Eric bischoff is inducting DDP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Natalya to induct Beth Phoenix. Meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

martyos121 wrote: »
    Natalya to induct Beth Phoenix. Meh.

They did tag together and put on one of the better acts in the division at the time. Better choice than most really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    They did tag together and put on one of the better acts in the division at the time. Better choice than most really.

A better choice than most, I'll agree with you on that, but she still bores the hell out of me. It's an entertainment show dressed up as a prestigious ceremony at the end of the day. Beth probably hand-picked Natalya to do it so it isn't a big deal, but it's not an induction I'm looking forward to anymore. The one positive is that Natalya definitely won't overshadow her, which does happen at these things the odd time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

This is lining up to be one of the best ever classes, with Kurt Angle, Rick Rude, DDP, and the likes of Jim Cornette & Eric Bischoff doing the inducting. Can't wait for this HOF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    This is lining up to be one of the best ever classes, with Kurt Angle, Rick Rude, DDP, and the likes of Jim Cornette & Eric Bischoff doing the inducting. Can't wait for this HOF

I'm looking forward to HoF infinitely more than Mania tbh.

So no celebrity induction this year then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

So no celebrity induction this year then.

Thank God!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I wonder why there is no celebrity inductee this year.

It really is a good class this year without any "Koko B Ware" or celebrity inductee.

Advertisement