Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to put a tattoo on the body?

Options
  • 03-01-2017 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

I wanted to get a tattoo for a long time but I never did. I thought about it and thought again and again about it and I'm fairly sure at this stage I want to get a tattoo.

It won't be for another few months though because I need to save for it. I would expect it to cost a few hundred anyways.

I would like to get a tattoo of my pet dog. I have her for a good number of years now and she's getting old. I will miss her so much when she passes on. I love her so much. She's a Staffordshire bull terrier. These dogs have something called - the staffie smile. So a tattoo something on this line.

This will be my first tattoo when I get it done. Thing is, I haven't a clue where to put it on my body. Maybe somewhere I could have it on display some times and then cover it up again easily if I need to do that. My dog is obsessed with licking me especially my face, neck and shoulders, so somewhere around about my neck might be a nice spot to get it done. I actually haven't a clue where to get a tattoo done on the body? Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Just remember it's your body. So put it wherever it means most to you. It's on you for life don't forget.
    But also remember if it'll effect you in your job or anything else. I know it's stupid but some jobs won't hire you if you have visible tattoos. Ridiculous I know. But other than that it's your body. Put it wherever it means something to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Robbie_G

what about your thigh , the front part .

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Hey OP. I'd probably avoid the neck tattoo, especially for a first as they can be quite sore and like Doppleganger said, although it's changing tattoos are still taboo in some workplaces. If you want it to be displayed occasionally but covered when needed I'd suggest legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Got a tattoo on my upper shoulder on the collar bone right at the nape of my neck done 2 days ago - it's horrifically sore! I have my ribs, back of knee, spine and ankle/foot tattooed and I'd put that area on par with them. Had a great moment of me cursing while the artist was going "almost there, almost there" while doing some of the line work! :pac:

Shoulder blade is fine and upper arm is fine, a good tattoo artist won't tattoo you somewhere horrific as your first anyway ... I had to earn my sore tattoos :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 Andy.Kupp87

I think tattoos look great on the forearm. But everyone has their own preferences i guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Matt84

Shoulder blade and upper arm definitely!

Advertisement