Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house temporarily, but different tel exchange

Options
  • 03-01-2017 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭

Hi all - hoping this is in the right thread.

So I packing up and moving house. I curently have Virgin Media with my landline. It's off one exchange. I will be moving back to the same exchange area within 6 months. Now, VM are not in the temporary location so I have to take eir for broadband and phone. This is off a different exchange and I cannot bring my existing number.

Is there any method people know about which will allow me retain the current landline number on the new exchange? Eir have said unless I have a physical line off the existing exchange I won't be able to have the number active for a redirect.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

A VOIP will allow you to transfer your number to them eg goldfish.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Cheers for that - amazingly Eir wouldn't tell me if there was such a third party service available! They could only tell me I had to buy a phone line on the exchange!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

astrofluff wrote: »
    Cheers for that - amazingly Eir wouldn't tell me if there was such a third party service available! They could only tell me I had to buy a phone line on the exchange!

Why would they? If you went with VOIP they couldn't charge you for a phone service.

Advertisement