Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Races in Donegal

Options
  • 03-01-2017 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭

I've gone through the Race Calendar and outside of the Rás Dhún na nGall, I can't see any more in Donegal. I'll have to spend more time up home this year for family reasons, but was hoping to still race a bit while there. Did I miss any races or are there some club races I'd be allowed to tag along with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Plenty of club leagues tue.wed. Thurs ! Inter club league. Potato race on paddy's day in burt. Off the top of my head.
    Haven't looked at the race calender yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Plenty of club leagues tue.wed. Thurs ! Inter club league. Potato race on paddy's day in burt. Off the top of my head.
    Haven't looked at the race calender yet.

Thanks. Whereabouts in the county would club races be? I'd be in the far far North West.

They are mainly round letterkenny / inishowen we run our league round donegal town may to July. You would want to touch base with errigal up in Dunfanaghy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The Strabane Lifford GP is run in July and when I did it in 2014 it was done just across the border in Donegal. Sign on in in the same place this year so assume it's the same Donegal Lap - Maggies Tavern, St Johnston.
    Sunday, July 9, 2017 | 8:00am

Category: Road

Promoting Club

Strabane/Lifford CC

Email: collyboyle@btinternet.com
    Phone: +44+44 7762721141

More Info: https://cyclingirelandlegacy.azolve.com/portal/Moreeventdetails.aspx?EventId=298435

Location Details
    Ulster weather
    Ulster

Great. Thanks. Dunfanaghy was in my head but couldn't remember why. I appreciate that.

Strava me might be an option too. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you from inishowen, harry? i'm hoping to bring the bike up there in a few months for a spin. do the gap of mamore, the knockamany bens, etc.; any lesser known roads you'd recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Casula

you from inishowen, harry? i'm hoping to bring the bike up there in a few months for a spin. do the gap of mamore, the knockamany bens, etc.; any lesser known roads you'd recommend?

Saddle Rock Cycling Club are based up there. When I've been up there I've tagged along with them for a few spins. Very sound bunch. They're based in Carndonagh and that's where I've met up with them. There's also North Pole Cycling Club in Buncrana.

No, north west, so Gaeltacht area.

I'll send an email of the Errigal and see how I go. Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,335 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Wild atlantic adventure race is in may in annagry, its a 40k cycle with a 10k run, 2k hike and 1k jayak. Was good craic last year and the 40k is a lumpy lap of the rosses. Can do it as part of a team or duathlon to cut out the mucky bit's

retalivity wrote: »
    Wild atlantic adventure race is in may in annagry, its a 40k cycle with a 10k run, 2k hike and 1k jayak. Was good craic last year and the 40k is a lumpy lap of the rosses. Can do it as part of a team or duathlon to cut out the mucky bit's

That sounds good, thanks. Would you not run the 2k hike? I'll look it up. Hopefully I don't need to buy a kayak. Lol

• Advertisement

dont forget

Donegal Atlantic Way Ultra Race
    https://donegalatlanticwayultra.com/
    The Donegal Atlantic Way Ultra Race is an ultra cycling event along 555km of rugged and beautiful Donegal Wild Atlantic Way coastline.

On Friday 23rd June 2017, cyclists from all over Ireland, UK and Europe will line up in Letterkenny, Co. Donegal to take on one of the ultimate endurance challenges on the island of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Foxmoves

In terms of WAAR, You can run some of the hike, the first part is fairly steep.

Kayaks provided.

Cracking day weather wise last year so that helped.

Advertisement