Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The moon!

Options
  • 03-01-2017 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else seen that Mad bright orange crescent moon tonight? It's very low in the sky... if I was up by the airport might get a pic, but in the city I can't get a shot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I got out of bed to have a look and it was so worth it. It looks class! Couldnt get a decent pic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Yes, and a bright Venus and Mars next to the moon the night before.

My grandad used to say that if you can hang a bucket off the moon it's cold weather. That old adage was the case alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

chakotha wrote: »
    Yes, and a bright Venus and Mars next to the moon the night before.

My grandad used to say that if you can hang a bucket off the moon it's cold weather. That old adage was the case alright.
    I think that's because of the earth's tilt. In winter the crescent shape is seen from a higher angle.

Advertisement