Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New houses in Kylemore, Evanwood

• 03-01-2017 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Anyone living in either the Evanwood or Kylemore new house estates in Castletroy who could give feedback on the houses?

in particular quality of the finish (brochure versus reality versus price), how easy they are to heat, sound insulation and anything else you wish you had known or thought to consider/ask before buying.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

They have solar panels on the back in all the newer houses, very spacious houses inside have done a bit of work for a few people in there. Very well insulated and a lot of houses are in branches of two so seem quiet inside to me.
    Always worth a look and making your own mind up

My own personal gripe is how close they are to the motorway way too noisy in the back gardens to relax but as I said that's my opinion. The advantage is there in a nice general area but the Golf links road can be quite congested at times at the end nearing O sheas Bar on the old tipp road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

steveon wrote: »
    They have solar panels on the back in all the newer houses, very spacious houses inside have done a bit of work for a few people in there. Very well insulated and a lot of houses are in branches of two so seem quiet inside to me.
    Always worth a look and making your own mind up

My own personal gripe is how close they are to the motorway way too noisy in the back gardens to relax but as I said that's my opinion. The advantage is there in a nice general area but the Golf links road can be quite congested at times at the end nearing O sheas Bar on the old tipp road.

Live quite close to the motorway and honestly you learn to live with it, you can still hear it but it doesnt make it any less enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Weren't a lot of those houses left derelict after the housing crash and only partially finished until recently? This would worry me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I thought the new and final phase this spring will be further away from the motorway?

Anyway worth thinking about it now cause I heard phase 3 sold pretty fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭kokiyou

Anyone else have opinions on this estate? Including broadband/internet/phone reception quality etc.? If anyone owns one of the newer builds would love to have a chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

A friend working with estate agency says there is likely another crash coming up in mid 2019. And house prices are on their peak at the moment.
    That make me wonder if it's the right time to invest.

Ros Mor housing estate appears to be the cheapest in the city at present.
    davo2001 wrote: »
    Weren't a lot of those houses left derelict after the housing crash and only partially finished until recently? This would worry me.

Advertisement