Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't access via local IP address

Options
  • 04-01-2017 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi I recently got imagine lte broadband its seems to be the business except the don't allow u log into the router I asked for port forwarding set up for my cctv and it was I can access it remotely via my new fixed IP address but can not access it on my lan network using internal IP address of dvr also I cannot access my newly installed alarm on lan network I was able to log into my dvr before on my old router with internal IP address any help would be appreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Check if the new router uses the same ip address space as the old router. So for example it may have been 192.168.1.X and is now 192.168.10.X. If it has changed you may need to apply different static ip's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 vinny26

degsie wrote: »
    Check if the new router uses the same ip address space as the old router. So for example it may have been 192.168.1.X and is now 192.168.10.X. If it has changed you may need to apply different static ip's.

Hi no it's the same IP it just won't let me log in from my browser Google or Internet exp it just says no access wonder if it's sum thing with my pc I tried lowering the firewall just for testing but no joy it's strange seen as I can log in externally on wan away from home I can ping the IP address and I get a reply so kinda stumped on this1....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Try clearing browser (chrome, IE) cache or try a different browser (firefox, edge) as there may be stale info in there. If you can ping then you should have connectivity. Try add the port number to the end of the ip address also e.g. 192.168.1.120:8088.

Could be different gateway i.e. x.x.x.1 now x.x.x.254
    on new network schema.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭durtybit

vinny26 wrote: »
    Hi no it's the same IP it just won't let me log in from my browser Google or Internet exp it just says no access wonder if it's sum thing with my pc I tried lowering the firewall just for testing but no joy it's strange seen as I can log in externally on wan away from home I can ping the IP address and I get a reply so kinda stumped on this1....

yeah had this also recently with a friend that signed up to imagine

All his devices were on 192.168.1.X but the new router was 192.168.5.X

If your devices do not use DHCP (Turned off which I would imagine they are) then it wont be picked up on the new router as its on a different IP range

• Advertisement
Advertisement