Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tri Club Gear

Options
  • 04-01-2017 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

Hi All - who would be the most highly recommended supplier of quality club gear at a reasonable price with good service? Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

From what our club have used over the last few years,

Champion systems -- weren't great, tri suit shorts turned into hot pants, jerseys were nice though.

Santini -- Liked this kit but was small fitting. Tri suit hasn't aged well, zip seems to go in few of them and bit of wear from the race belt on the suit.

Shadow -- Awful. sizing completely off from what we tried on the sizing night. Made a mess of matching colours too.

Sportful/Castelli (Rocasports) -- Good gear. One or two issues with leg grippers on some of the shorts ordered but overall probably the best gear we have had over the last while. Price's are reasonable enough too. Cycling gear from them is sportful and the Tri stuff is Castelli.

Haven't used velo revolution for club gear but any of their kit I have seen looks top class. Have a few bits of their cycling kit myself and would recommend it. Not sure how they are on the designing and ordering process but I'd probably put these up near the top of the list if I was looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Thanks a mil Joey!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I like the Champion systems stuff, pricey and they've gone up again but the quality is good and it does last.

For the hot pants tri shorts - never experienced but they do long course shorts as well that are down to the knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭griffin100

Club recently switched to these guys with good reports as to the quality (don't have any myself) - http://www.vergesport.com/ir-en/

We used to use these guys - http://www.endurasport.com
    I've loads of their gear and it's great, some of my jerseys are 8 years old!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

recently started a village cycling club, got our gear from vergesport ireland,
    very easy to deal with , got sample gear out to us quickly , had plenty of range in sizes, came up with a nice design and got the gear out on time once we had the order in ... ive only had it since before christmas so time will tell on its endurance but fit and quality are good... worth giving them a shout im sure they will send you out samples and you can tell for yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

We used Kalas for our TriHarderAR gear and have to say we're happy with it so far. Agent comes to you for fitting and I think 4-6 weeks after design finalised you get your gear. There is a minimum order think it is 5 pieces but ideal for our 4 person team to look presentable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

griffin100 wrote: »
    Club recently switched to these guys with good reports as to the quality (don't have any myself) - http://www.vergesport.com/ir-en/

Is this who the guys on the cycling forum us for the boards.ie gear?

Thanks all - has anyone used orca directly ? They have a nifty website , not sure how pricey though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Keeks wrote: »
    Is this who the guys on the cycling forum us for the boards.ie gear?

I believe so

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭9Crimes

Velo is the bomb, if anything there bib tights are too warm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Steroo wrote: »
    Thanks all - has anyone used orca directly ? They have a nifty website , not sure how pricey though

Yes. I have used their retail gear which is what the club kit is made from.

Site is nifty but you have to pay for the proof and the gear is not cheap. Top quality, get what you pay for but likely to cause headaches when people start comparing prices on ordering "I can get Lidl trisuits for....why are we paying €130 etc etc."

Couple of points to bear in mind for club gear:

You need to get fitted - hard to get one brand to suit everyone
    Worth supporting Irish based suppliers - if you have problems easier to solve
    Worth being able to get each individual to order and pay separately - treasurer will love you for this
    Not all about cheapest price
    IMO go for general club gear at a low entry price point and encourage experienced athletes to upgrade to higher quality / LD wear

sconhome wrote: »
    Yes. I have used their retail gear which is what the club kit is made from.

Site is nifty but you have to pay for the proof and the gear is not cheap. Top quality, get what you pay for but likely to cause headaches when people start comparing prices on ordering "I can get Lidl trisuits for....why are we paying €130 etc etc."

Couple of points to bear in mind for club gear:

You need to get fitted - hard to get one brand to suit everyone
    Worth supporting Irish based suppliers - if you have problems easier to solve
    Worth being able to get each individual to order and pay separately - treasurer will love you for this
    Not all about cheapest price
    IMO go for general club gear at a low entry price point and encourage experienced athletes to upgrade to higher quality / LD wear

Thanks for that, all valid points & in line with my thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭RJM85

Velorevolution are great to deal with. I have a bunch of their cycling and tri gear already and it's great quality. The order process for club gear was great and Aidan really made sure we were happy with the final design. Looking forward to receiving our gear in the next few weeks.

RJM85 wrote: »
    Velorevolution are great to deal with. I have a bunch of their cycling and tri gear already and it's great quality. The order process for club gear was great and Aidan really made sure we were happy with the final design. Looking forward to receiving our gear in the next few weeks.

I spoke to Aidan & they don't offer the online ordering/seperate payment option so that's a deal breaker for us unfortunately. Also it's minimum order 10 items & we are small club so we need a minimum of 5 (without a penalty).

I have heard the gear is really good & he seemed like a good guy to deal with for sure.

Good luck with your gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Kalas does 5-piece orders on all their lines. Based around Naas I think but their staff travel wherever.

Advertisement