Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Volvo dealership Sandyford

• 04-01-2017 11:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭

Noticed over xmas showroom being fitted out near Sandyford Mazda/ Opel. Assume it will be by Spirit ?
    Volvo seemed almost like the poor relation at their Jaguar/ Land Rover site - wonder what they will do with extra space there?

Volvo have a good range but they really need to improve their dealer network , only two dealers in Dublin and this is only standalone one.
    Too many dealers dealing in Volvo as sideline - even Waterford and Cork don't have impressive premises.

Not too keen on new S90 , its pricey and not supposed to be that good a driver - comfortable but not very rewarding to drive they say.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

goochy wrote: »
    Noticed over xmas showroom being fitted out near Sandyford Mazda/ Opel. Assume it will be by Spirit ?
    Volvo seemed almost like the poor relation at their Jaguar
    Not too keen on new S90 , its pricey and not supposed to be that good a driver - comfortable but not very rewarding to drive they say.

About time manufacturers went down the comfort road instead of chasing lap times around a poxy race track , when it comes to large saloons.
    If I wanted a car that was rewarding to drive I'd buy a compact sports coupe not a luxury saloon , this is where I think 7 series bmws are just stupid and a 5 series slightly less so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

Volvo in cork is pretty prominent at the j&p premises in mahon plenty of xc90s with sold stickers on them outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭goochy

Yes it's not too bad but still not as impressive as it should be , too many brands there

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭BenAndJerry

Yes, it's Spirit Volvo that will be moving in there. I'm not sure if Jaguar and Land Rover are going also.

Has anyone had any experience dealing with Spirit Volvo? I have and it wasn't good. In saying that, there are only two Volvo dealers in Dublin and the other is at the other end of the M50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

Yes it's not too bad but still not as impressive as it should be , too many brands there

A new one is in planning phase,plot has purchased already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭polan

Yes, it's Spirit Volvo that will be moving in there. I'm not sure if Jaguar and Land Rover are going also.

Has anyone had any experience dealing with Spirit Volvo? I have and it wasn't good. In saying that, there are only two Volvo dealers in Dublin and the other is at the other end of the M50.

Mother bought her 2006 V50 there back in March 2008 and the service was top notch. Only ever matched by Koping who no longer sell Volvos.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭BenAndJerry

That's good to hear @polan - it hasn't been my experience up until now but I'm hoping things will improve as I have a car on order from them. I guess it depends on who you deal with and maybe a lot has chanced since 2008.

Cheers

Koping are still Volvo service dealers
    So are J & p really building new Volvo showrooms ? whereabouts ?
    I am sure they would want to keep hold of Volvo but they spent a lot of money during the boom on Mahonpoint premises and their finances were not good for a few years during the recession.

Jaguar and Landrover will probably be putting pressure on them next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

I am sure they would want to keep hold of Volvo but they spent a lot of money during the boom on Mahonpoint premises and their finances were not good for a few years during the recession.

Jaguar and Landrover will probably be putting pressure on them next.

The new premises will be not far from Audi Cork.
    Volvo,Jag and Land Rover in independent shworooms.

Interesting , they will have to get another brand in Mahonpoint to replace them, Peugeot and Honda not really enough for that site. Perhaps kia will move there or they will take on Mazda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

Yep definitely Spirit Volvo showrooms, hoping to have it opened by end of January.

Volvo obviously finally shaking up their dealers , this explains why Autoboland Waterford appeared to lose the franchise a while back but then regained . Their showrooms were crammed with a no. of brands but now they are building new Jag/ landrover place so must be giving over more space to Volvo.

Didn't they own the emmet place premises? surely that covered the Mahonpoint premises?
    Unless they banked that and borrowed ....

Saw an article since and it seems their finances have been good of late. But the mahonpoint place would have cost a lot and they definitely went through tough times after building it and then recession arrived - were making losses.

Just heard radio ad. Spirits new volvo showroom opened . Anyone visited ? What's happened to former volvo showroom at arena road?

passed this at weekend , still not open yet.
    top part of showroom window is covered , not sure if theres a first floor showroom but ground floor area is tiny - would have made more sense using Faichney Ringwood / Spirit premium site for new Volvo showrooms.

Advertisement