Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled EIR and bank a/c debited ?

Options
  • 04-01-2017 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi
    I tried to obtain a TV/Broadband bundle with EIR and it was definitely the most frustrating customer service related experience I ever encountered............. two weeks after cancelling a service I never got I get charged ?????

Can someone please explain.................  I am looking at notes here I spoke to the following on separate occasions  Shaunna, Samntha, Ciara, Rachel, Stacey, Erica while trying to get the service.........when I had enough of EIR's messing......I insisted on cancelling and spoke to Lauren on the Loyalty team (who was to get back to me - she never did).....days later I got to through to another colleague of hers who said it was cancelled - I don't have his name.

The frustration continues.............

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Lewotsil wrote: »
    Hi
    I tried to obtain a TV/Broadband bundle with EIR and it was definitely the most frustrating customer service related experience I ever encountered............. two weeks after cancelling a service I never got I get charged ?????

Can someone please explain.................  I am looking at notes here I spoke to the following on separate occasions  Shaunna, Samntha, Ciara, Rachel, Stacey, Erica while trying to get the service.........when I had enough of EIR's messing......I insisted on cancelling and spoke to Lauren on the Loyalty team (who was to get back to me - she never did).....days later I got to through to another colleague of hers who said it was cancelled - I don't have his name.

The frustration continues.............

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Lewotsil,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm very sorry to hear of this experience, sincere apologies. Can you PM me your name & account number & I will take a look into this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Lewotsil

Hi Pamela .....I PM'd you yesterday eve.................awaiting a response

Hi Pamela .....I PM'd you yesterday eve.................awaiting a response
    No problem Lewotsil, I'm going through my PM's now & will be back to you shortly. 

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Pamela - thanks for your PM.

Can you please explain to me why my a/c was not cancelled when I requested it before xmas and your colleague told me it was cancelled ? How did it happen ?  What if I never checked my bank a/c for the charge - what controls have EIR got to detect these back office errors.

To answer your other question - No I will not contact my bank - you can issue the refund on your side even if it takes longer than me reaching out to my bank.........I have wasted enough time with EIR.

Also why have I received no formal notification of the complaint I raised - is the complaint active or closed -  I will need to know the status for potential escalation to COMREG or other Consumer Authority.

Pamela - thanks for your PM.

Can you please explain to me why my a/c was not cancelled when I requested it before xmas and your colleague told me it was cancelled ? How did it happen ?  What if I never checked my bank a/c for the charge - what controls have EIR got to detect these back office errors.

To answer your other question - No I will not contact my bank - you can issue the refund on your side even if it takes longer than me reaching out to my bank.........I have wasted enough time with EIR.

Also why have I received no formal notification of the complaint I raised - is the complaint active or closed -  I will need to know the status for potential escalation to COMREG or other Consumer Authority.
    No problem Lewotsil.

I have taken a look into this & can see you spoke with several agents regarding cancellation however the account was not cancelled as the cancellation was not formally requested in writing I'm afraid.

I have checked the complaint & I can see an agent attempted to call you the next day, 08/12/16 however they have logged that your phone was off & due to this they were unable to contact you.

That's no problem I can arrange for the refund from here. 

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Advertisement

Pamela - the above is simply untrue.  I spoke with a member of the 'retention team' and he informed me the a/c was cancelled.  I suggest you playback the call and rectify the above record.
    EIR have the worst customer support I have ever encountered. 
    Regarding the complaint - did the agent try and ring me again ?  Surely I should have gotten a written response.......... as I said - the customer service operation is a shambles

Pamela - the above is simply untrue.  I spoke with a member of the 'retention team' and he informed me the a/c was cancelled.  I suggest you playback the call and rectify the above record.
    Regarding the complaint - did the agent try and ring me again ?  Surely I should have gotten a written response.......... as I said - the customer service operation is a shambles

I'm afraid I would be unable to listen to your call from here  Lewotsil and this would need to requested this via the complaints team here
    Once the agent has investigated your complaint & come to a resolution the agent will attempt to contact you on the contact number advised when the complaint was logged. If you would like to receive a response in writing you can request this when logging your complaint on the link above.

-Pamela 

Advertisement