If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4k TV 49-50

Options
  • 04-01-2017 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭

Hello guys,

It is time to replace my 37" Philips TV (which I bought from the philips store you were working with back in 2008!) and due to space limitations I can go up to 49 or 50". Budget is up to 1000€, if I can get something with less I 'd be even happier.

I am between those 3:
    • PANASONIC VIERA TX50DX750B
    • SAMSUNG UE49KU6500
    • LG 49UH770V

Can you please give me recommendations and final price with shipping to Dublin?

Edit: Also there is a steam link connected which only plays at 1080p. Which would be the best for upscaling?
    Edit no2: This will be wall mounted; can the stands be removed from all of them?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Hello guys,

It is time to replace my 37" Philips TV (which I bought from the philips store you were working with back in 2008!) and due to space limitations I can go up to 49 or 50". Budget is up to 1000€, if I can get something with less I 'd be even happier.

I am between those 3:
    • PANASONIC VIERA TX50DX750B
    • SAMSUNG UE49KU6500
    • LG 49UH770V

[*]

Can you please give me recommendations and final price with shipping to Dublin?

Edit: Also there is a steam link connected which only plays at 1080p. Which would be the best for upscaling?
    Edit no2: This will be wall mounted; can the stands be removed from all of them?

Many thanks.
    [*]
    Astra,

thanks for the post & your patience :)

If it was me I'd deffo go for the Panasonic TX50DX750 - and as a second the 49UH770 - the PQ on the Pana is really great - natural and the movement is super..

The 50DX750 is also great value in YoYo at the moment at €989 including delivery, shipping and our 6 year warranty:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201899-viera-tx50dx750b.aspx

I like the upscaling on the 49UH770 but I do think that the SD render on the 750 is still slightly better and the upscale on both are excellent.

They are all wall-mountable no problem ( you do need a separate bracket tho') - one of my fave TV's at the moment is the DX802 series from Pana but be careful of these as if you want to wall mount them they are really not suitable ...

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Thanks John. The DX802 is a fair bit out of budget unfortunately and wall mount is a must so back to the 750b :) Order placed, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Snipped by Moderator

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks John. The DX802 is a fair bit out of budget unfortunately and wall mount is a must so back to the 750b :) Order placed, cheers.
    Thanks Astra,

its a super set - you will be delighted with it :) - you have snaffled one of our last ones!

Thanks for the Biz - really appreciated

Keep us posted if we can ever assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Received the TV, brilliant screen! I somehow was under the impression that 3d glasses will come with it (if only I read the specs :) ).
    Any good price you can give me for 2 glasses?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Received the TV, brilliant screen! I somehow was under the impression that 3d glasses will come with it (if only I read the specs :) ).
    Any good price you can give me for 2 glasses?
    Hi AstraMonti,

I could do you two pairs for £74 if you would be interested?

Many thanks

David

Thanks for that Kenny, I 'll get back to you hopefully next month :)

On a technical question now, when I connect the TV to an HTPC with a supported hdmi cable, what's the maximum hz I should be able to set at 4k? 

Thanks for that Kenny, I 'll get back to you hopefully next month :)

On a technical question now, when I connect the TV to an HTPC with a supported hdmi cable, what's the maximum hz I should be able to set at 4k? 
    Hi AstraMonti,

Unfortunately PCs are not my strong suit but from my reading up on the subject it seems to depend on the Graphics card in use. If it is HTPC supported you should be able to support 60Hz. It will definitely support 30Hz but as I say it depends on the specifications of the graphics card.

I hope that has been helpful although I highly doubt it given my knowledge of computers!

Kind regards

David

Thanks Kenny, I tried to find the supported refresh rate for each resolution but I was unable to in Panasonic's site. My gfx can support 60hz@4k but I am only getting 30, that's what I am trying to figure out now. 

Thanks Kenny, I tried to find the supported refresh rate for each resolution but I was unable to in Panasonic's site. My gfx can support 60hz@4k but I am only getting 30, that's what I am trying to figure out now. 
    What cable are you using? If you have a look at some of the Audioquest cables they will support 4K/60.

• Advertisement

What cable are you using? If you have a look at some of the Audioquest cables they will support 4K/60.
    I have tried two of them, both certified for 4k/60hz. I can't remember what brand they are. And I don't know anyone else with a 4k tv to try out :D

I have tried two of them, both certified for 4k/60hz. I can't remember what brand they are. And I don't know anyone else with a 4k tv to try out :D
    Hey AstraMonti.

It is pretty confusing and most if not all manufacturers don't seem to put these spec's out there.
    I'll see what I can find out for you.

I'll also drop you a PM with a direct number to Panasonic Tech team.

Thanks very much Kenny, you guys rock. I 'll give them a shout. Thanks again.

Thanks very much Kenny, you guys rock. I 'll give them a shout. Thanks again.
    No problem AstraMonti.

Let me know what they say :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.