Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NetDrNow (former GP now) Swords - closed?

Options
  • 04-01-2017 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Nobody answering the phone and doors closed for the whole week, no message about holidays. Does anybody now anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 farnaby

Same issue for me. I also tried calling the membership line but it goes straight to voicemail.

The Examiner reported financial difficulties with netdrnow last year, with staff and customers being out of pocket. Wouldn't surprise if it has shut its doors without notice.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

There's a long thread in the Consumer Issues forum about them under their old name, GP Now, but nothing in the last 2 months. If they have shut up, someone will post about it there.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

I remember last year they took an absurdley long break for christmas, didnt get anything with them from the 23rd till new years eve (I went to VHI clinic at that point) Probably the same this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Rokta

I hope they are on holidays as I require a report that is with the GP. Unfortunately I have no means of contacting him directly.

Just had a look at the other post there so it seems to be that all is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 farnaby

My wife just read on facebook they are back open in Swords tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Are these turtles gone back into their shells? No answer at any number and mailboxes all full

• Registered Users Posts: 47 fehenry

fat bloke wrote: »
    Are these turtles gone back into their shells? No answer at any number and mailboxes all full
    I think both Swords and Sandyford have shut down. I called to Sandyford by appointment an hour ago and the place was deserted.. Got no reply when I phoned Swords.

Cnuts.

I paid the 1000 euro up front for ten years cover. In fairness I suppose I knew at the time it was a bit of a gamble and I got 6 years or so out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 owlfunny

NetDrNow is under the name of GPPIC Holdings, suite 515 Dublin 2. Lisa Brown and Eamon Murray are the directors company registered number is 566170. Hmm very suspect I feel. Time will tell what the outcome will be! phone number for Swords (01) 9056000 and its pot luck if they answer! Really bad that they don't communicate with their customers. No signs up on their closed down clinic in Sandyford. The only doctor we found good Dr. Simon Hugh-Jones left and won't be back! An appointment in Swords is too far for us to travel and wouldn't risk it, I seen on another post that a lady took 2 buses out to attend her appointment in Swords only to find that it was closed. We paid upfront 900 up front for a 5 year plan for our family, we did not get what we thought we were paying for & are Disappointed with their service.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

Right seems these are acting the maggot. I've a pain in me breakfast roll ringing them to get test results. What can I do?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

That's awful, being left without test results! You'd think they'd have contacted you. I'm not sure who you should contact, but someone in the Consumer Affairs forum should be able to advise you: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=580

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I am a little biased but they sound simply dreadful. Vote with your feet.
    Your health is more important than any money paid upfront.
    Was always wondering how their business model worked, seems it didn't....

Well. When it worked, it worked well. And when we first moved to this area, all the local GP's were like "Sorry buddy, we're full".

But yeah, I've moved on now to a regular "Ah that'll be 55 euro cash thanks" sawbones.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

fat bloke wrote: »
    Well. When it worked, it worked well.

It was their financial model I though was suspect. Large influx of income at the start then having to use this to stay ope of 10 years..
    I couldn't see how they could employ a Doc, receptionist and rent premises on it for that length of time..

I think the free GP care thing was an timely blow to them as well. In fairness, it's kids 0-4 are the real cash cow for GP surgeries. We went more often in the first 12 months with hours than in the next 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

Looks like GP now in Sandford is closed down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Looks like GP now in Sandford is closed down

Their website says the Sandyford closure is temporary but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

I rang them in swords and was told they have no info on when it will reopen. Also if you Google net doc now Sandford it says permanently closed.i cancelled my dd and told them I will forward new docs details to forward patient history

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There are open shops with Google's "permanently closed" on them, its crowdsourced and hence very prone to error. However, if you live local to Sandyford being told to go to Swords for even a short period is effectively useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Etvici

Net dr now has closed its doors
    After weeks of trying to get through they finally answered and faxed over my prescription to the chemist. Then today I tried ringing them to get an appointment
    After ringing numerous times I decided to make my way over and found a sign on the door to say they have closed their doors and that done other doctor in blanch would honor our membership. Not as much as an email to tell us what was happening and now iv no idea how to get my medical records which are very important
    Very poor way of dealing with customers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭2Shae

Just cancelled my DD with them based on the above. Requesting refund of this months payment from my bank

If anyone needs it here is the AIB form to do so - https://aib.ie/content/dam/aib/personal/docs/help-and-guidance/dd-refund-form.pdf.

As a reminder you have a no questions asked right to refund for direct debits thanks to sepa - https://www.bpfi.ie/customer-assist/personal-customers/directdebit/

439608.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭The Davestator

2Shae wrote: »
    Just cancelled my DD with them based on the above. Requesting refund of this months payment from my bank

If anyone needs it here is the AIB form to do so - https://aib.ie/content/dam/aib/personal/docs/help-and-guidance/dd-refund-form.pdf.

As a reminder you have a no questions asked right to refund for direct debits thanks to sepa - https://www.bpfi.ie/customer-assist/personal-customers/directdebit/

439608.png

You can actually request the last 2 Direct debits to be refunded so thats what i would do and F them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Annoyed2018

I spoke with medical council today regarding this situation as myself and my family were patient's this is unacceptable to treat patients like this not even to contact us to let people know. I asked medical council how I should go about retrieving my family's medical records so for anyone needing to do the same you need to contact Data Protection and go from there. The phone number for them is 0761104800

Now the hassle of getting a new Dr while your sick thanks Net Dr Now should not be allowed open up anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I got an email from them explaining the closure but it was DAYS after Etvici first mentioned it here.

You may take it that the practice has shut down and won't be re-opening.
    I spoke wiith one of the doctors who worked for some months at the Sandyford clinic and he told me that he is owed over €11,000 in backpay and neither of the two individuals who own it will answer his emails and phone calls.
    Oddly enough, I got an email today from the Swords branch. The Subject line was "NETDRNOW Update" but the body oof the mail was blank.

I dunno if you all got this email. It's no use to me particularly, I'm done with then, but it might of help to others looking for records etc. I don't know if "honour your membership" means "continue to treat those who've paid under the agreed conditions" or whatever....

Dear Patient, NETDRNOW will no longer trade in 29/31 North Street Swords. As and from Wednesday the 31st of January, Dr Anas Mansour previous chief medical officer is happy to honour your membership in his personal surgery in Blanchardstown Medical Centre, Unit 3 Ground Floor Main Street Blanchardstown village. This is solely for continuity of care for all our patients and all medical records will be in Dr Anas Mansour’s personal state of the art medical centre. You can contact the centre on 01 8217365 after this date. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause to you and your family. If you need to contact us please do not hesitate to contact membership via email at; membership@netdrnow.com Yours sincerely, NetDRNow Management.

Just wondering has anybody had any luck in retrieving their medical records also if anybody has an E-mail address for them could they pass it on as I have to request my family's files most likely won't hear anything from them but has to be done

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭2Shae

I finally got through to the number in blanch. They took my details but asked me to call next week :-/ Starting to think I wont be seeing them.

2Shae wrote: »
    I finally got through to the number in blanch. They took my details but asked me to call next week :-/ Starting to think I wont be seeing them.

I have spoken with data protection regarding my families files if you E-mail net dr now and request your files under Section 4 of Data protection act 1988 & 2003 they have 40 days to reply if they don't you then go back to Data Protection and they take it from there

• Advertisement

Just an update for anyone who might be still interested...
    I tried phoning Dr Monsour's number but I had no success after numerous attempts. I also responded to the email invitation but got no answer so I resigned myself to the probability that I would not get my medical records, which were badly needed.
    Especially so when I looked up the Blanchardstown Medical Centre on the internet and rang the phone number on its website and was told that nobody there knew who Dr. Monsour was.
    However, a friend who lives in Blanchardstown told me that there was a Dr Monsour practising on Main Street but his clinic was several doors away from the medical centre.
    I decided to call in person and to my surprise his receptionist told me there would be no difficulty whatever in arranging a consultation with him. We fixed a date for this appointment and I duly turned up.
    I was very impressed by his manner and his diagnosis when I discussed a number of my medical issues with him. Neither of us mentioned Netdrnow during our meeting.
    The receptionist asked me for €15 when I was leaving and, although a fee had never been mentioned before then, I felt it was a reasonable charge.
    My overall impression was a positive one even though I still have some reservations. I did not ask him why he gave his contact address in the email as the Blanchardstown Medical Centre when the receptionist there said she never heard of him but I decided to leave well enough alone and I made arrangements to return next week to have some blood checks carried out.

Advertisement