Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial building insurance

Options
  • 04-01-2017 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭

I hope I'm asking this in the correct thread.
    I'm looking to find out who is responsible for building insurance on a rented commercial premises. I rent the building and have my own contents insurance, I also pay the rates. The landlord has been paying the insurance on the buildings up to now as he has a few units that are connected. Is it his responsibility as he owns the building or does it fall on me as an insurable interest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

What does your lease say?

I can't imagine your landlord would have been paying to insure the building without that being in the lease. I'd double check what the details of your landlord's insurance is exactly too, it might just be external repairs, the roof, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

What does your lease say?

There is no lease as the landlord/owner is someone I know. The rent has been pretty cheap since the recession but it's going back up to market rates now, which is understandable and fine.

Advertisement