Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche in Maynooth

Options
  • 04-01-2017 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,
    I am moving to Maynooth, hopefully around March and I am trying to find a creche for my Son who will be around 20 months by the time we get to move.

From my research there are 4 creches that provide fulltime care which is what I need - Maynooth Day Nursery (no space but we are on a list), Kinder Crescent, Maynooth University Creche and Minnows. Is this correct or are there others that I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

They are the only ones that I'm aware of but I could be wrong. I think I remember somebody mentioning here that the work going on beside Boots is due to be a creche but I haven't heard more about it. Best of luck with your move.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am pretty sure you have them all there .
    There is also Giraffe in Celbridge near Playzone too .

• Registered Users Posts: 14 happiness10101

hi just wondering how you got on with finding a creche? new to maynooth and also looking for 2018 when my maternity leave is up, had heard there may be a new one opening but cannot see anything about it online so i assume it's not happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 princess007

hi just wondering how you got on with finding a creche? new to maynooth and also looking for 2018 when my maternity leave is up, had heard there may be a new one opening but cannot see anything about it online so i assume it's not happening.

Hi,
    I got a space in the University Creche. It is an excellent creche but they only take children of Students or Staff.

I found it really tricky to find places in Maynooth. Leixlip seem to have more options and as someone already said the Giraffe in Celbridge is supposed to be excellent. I haven't heard of any new ones that are opening.

You could contact the Kildare County Childcare Committee, they have lists of all creches in the area.

Best of luck with your search.

Advertisement