Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphic Design HND - which college is better?

Options
  • 04-01-2017 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm thinking of getting a HND in Graphic Design in Dublin and I'm pondering Dublin Institute of Design and Ballyfermot College. Just wondering if anyone has graduated from or studied at any of these schools, or maybe knows someone who has, and would be able to share opinion on their quality. I've heard good things about Ballyfermot, but DID seems very decent too. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Graphic Designer

Hi. I only know about the Graphic Design Higher National Diploma in Ballyfermot College. It's a brilliant course. It's quite tough going, but everyone in my class (I graduated 4 years ago) either got full-time paid work (The lecturers didn't encourage us to apply for unpaid internships) or got advanced entry onto a degree course. I'd highly recommend the course. Great lecturers. Great emphasis on technical skills. You'll get a great portfolio out of it. They're taking applications now — I just emailed the course co-ordinator and asked him :)
    I haven't heard much about the Dublin Institute of Design, but Ballyfermot is definitely better imho. I've met loads of graduates from BCFE in industry, from both before my time and after it. Also, the price difference between BCFE and DID is huge. BCFE is state funded (and therefore very affordable), while DID is private (and therefore very expensive). Hope that helps. :)

Advertisement