Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card Fraud

Options
  • 04-01-2017 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Hi, I got a text at the beginning of December to say there was suspicious activity on my account, and it turned out my card was compromised.
    It was all sorted within a week and the money was returned to my account.

I heard nothing since, so I rang today to follow up and was informed that they couldn't tell me how the fraudsters got my card details!
    Surely with all the security and such there must be a way of knowing where the fraud originated?

Really not happy as if it occurred at an atm or if it was something else I would like to know for future reference

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Kevwoody wrote: »
    Hi, I got a text at the beginning of December to say there was suspicious activity on my account, and it turned out my card was compromised.
    It was all sorted within a week and the money was returned to my account.

I heard nothing since, so I rang today to follow up and was informed that they couldn't tell me how the fraudsters got my card details!
    Surely with all the security and such there must be a way of knowing where the fraud originated?

Really not happy as if it occurred at an atm or if it was something else I would like to know for future reference
    Hi Kevwoody,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

We are sorry to hear you had fraud on your account. When a customer experiences fraud on their account we understand it can be a stressful time. Due to the nature of fraud investigations we cannot divulge where a card was compromised, as it may interfere with on-going queries. It’s our experience that the place where a card has been compromised is also the victim of skimming/hacking and the company usually take steps to ensure that it does not happen to them again when it is reported to them.

When you have the opportunity you can also refer to our website here for tips on card security.

Thanks
    Tara O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Thanks Tara, that all makes sense.

Great service btw, I was alerted of the fraud by text within minutes, and the money was also refunded within days. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Kevwoody wrote: »
    Thanks Tara, that all makes sense.

Great service btw, I was alerted of the fraud by text within minutes, and the money was also refunded within days. :-)
    That's great to hear thanks Kevwoody. We'll be sure to pass on your feedback to the team. 

Cheers
    Tara O

Advertisement