Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

delete please

• 04-01-2017 6:19pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭

never mind, please delete.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

5starpool wrote: »
    Slightly complicated scenario, but probably an easy answer.

I bought an apartment 10+ years ago with a friend, still have it, I still live there (he doesn't). Simple enough so far. I got married in the last couple of years to someone who had never bought property. Her name is not on the property or the mortgage, but she obviously lives there with me at the minute.

Q1. Based on the above, if she was to get a mortgage or property alone, can she be considered a FTB for the 5% rebate thingy, or by virtue of being married to someone who has bought, will she be automatically ruled out? Between our savings and 3.5x her salary alone we'd probably have enough for a house, so to get a rebate would be nice. I'm not sure if the rules prohibit this scenario though.

Q2. If the answer to Q1 is that she would be eligible for the FTB status (which I doubt, but still), if there was a property in her name elsewhere (not bought, signed over by her parents), would this then affect her? There is no mortgage on this property, and has not been since the time it was signed over to her (not inherited).

I suspect she probably isn't even eligible on the criteria in Q1, never mind Q2, so it might all be moot, but no harm asking someone more knowledgeable than me anyhow. Thanks.

Unsure of Q1, but if any property is in her name (transferred / inherited etc), she is not a ftb unfortunately.

Advertisement