Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic on the bridge in the morning-how bad is it?

Options
  • 04-01-2017 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

If I was travelling from The Westwood to Ballindooley stores on a regular workday morning, how long would it take me? Give or take? Is traffic on the bridge and the terryland road very bad?
    Ill be starting work around 8.15am every morning near Ballindooley.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Usually the traffic would be heaviest going the other direction. Well it seems that way as I come in from Headford Road towards Salthill. Once you'd get over the bridge you'd definitely be flying it. So can't imagine it taking terribly long at all. Starting at 8.15 leave your home around 7.45 would be plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rustyf81

Thanks Ger. Is the bridge manic in the morning? Haven't lived in Galway in a few years
    Usually the traffic would be heaviest going the other direction. Well it seems that way as I come in from Headford Road towards Salthill. Once you'd get over the bridge you'd definitely be flying it. So can't imagine it taking terribly long at all. Starting at 8.15 leave your home around 7.45 would be plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

It is back to back pretty much but rarely at a standstill. I do it every work day and it's not unbareable . That section on the bridge will definitely be your worst bit. The odd time I've come from westside direction, across to the Headford Road early in the morning, once I've gotten over the bridge there was always a certain joy in cruising out the road whilst the other direction was packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I'd say you'll be fine. It seems to be a bit later in the morning that the traffic peaks (8.30-9)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

rustyf81 wrote: »
    If I was travelling from The Westwood to Ballindooley stores on a regular workday morning, how long would it take me? Give or take? Is traffic on the bridge and the terryland road very bad?
    Ill be starting work around 8.15am every morning near Ballindooley.

Your return journey in the afternoon (if you are working an 8/9hour day) will more likely see you hitting far more car traffic on the Quincentenary Bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mr Man

Crossing around 8, you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Mr Man wrote: »
    Crossing around 8, you should be fine.
    Agree.
    In my experience, it moves reasonably well up until about 08:20. It starts getting slow after that.

Advertisement