Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Border skirmish

Options
  • 04-01-2017 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

An altercation occurred in Kilruddery Woods at the border between Bray and Greystones in which a Sinn Fein shih tzu was mauled by a Harris hawk.

It is not known whether the bird was related to Simon Harris, but it seems to have resented the incursion of the SF family group into the border area.
    http://wicklownews.net/2017/01/pet-attacked-while-out-walking-with-family/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

I am not a dog person myself and like the gentleman in the article I cannot blame the animal for its misfortune, but as I understand it no dogs are allowed on the estate unless on a lead and there is restricted access for all during November, December and January on the farm roads; New Year's Eve being one of the restricted days, the pheasant shooting season I understand.

That said the article does not say if the dog was on a lead, but it is clear that the bird was not permitted on the estate, as indeed the dog was neither.

I grant that the bird owner does not come across as very pleasant, but threatening to use social media as a form of punishment has something of the Trump about it.... (I am aware of the irony of pointing this out on social media, but such are the times we now live in).

Advertisement