Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to select an Auctioneer

Options
  • 04-01-2017 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

So have decided to sell my BTL apartment-My question how do I go about choosing an auctioneer?

Look at Daft and see whom is selling in the area? Word of mouth?

What should I be looking out for or questions I should be asking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

Check out what agents have recently gone sale agreed/sold in your area. Get a few out to value your property and also check what % commission they charge

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Arklow10

Talk to say three estate agents who are very familiar with the area. Good to talk to a couple of the lager outfits and say a local guy also.
    Ask to meet each at your property separately - give say a one hr slot to each to view and talk. They can view and discuss the property with you including anything that they feel needs to be done room by room before any viewings, discuss their fee structure and also their full advertising/marketing costs. Ask who will be actually selling the property - some may have a very good negotiator to meet and impress you but a more junior person will actually be showing etc.
    Have they sold property recently in your area? How quick to sell? target market? etc
    They should all be fairly competitive now re their charges so go with who you think you can work best with. Follow their professional advice to the tee! Do not be emotional about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Denny_Crane

Ring a few up and try and book a viewing. I'm not sure about your area but in Dublin this will eliminate a good 70% of them.

Advertisement