Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken rear mech

Options
  • 04-01-2017 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Broke the jockey wheels off my sram red rear mech.
    Will I have to replace the entire rear mech?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

pantani wrote: »

You can buy jockey wheels separately

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Moved from Cycling Adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm not well up on SRAM kit but I had a quick look on CRC and came across these which appear to be suitable for SRAM Red. Damn expensive :eek:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/sram-jockey-wheels-xx-x0/rp-prod22262

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

expensive, with three one star reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

pantani wrote: »

I doubt the jockey wheels themselves are broken?? but rather that the 'cage' that holds them is broken......in which case you are probably looking at having to get a new derailleur. If it is just bent, it can possibly be put back into shape - depending on how badly bent, but you may want the piece of mind of a new part. It is fairly important that it works properly, and safely.

Some folks on here might have a broken one that you can use for parts, or try some of the other forums (in the UK maybe) or eBay - these parts do come up from time to time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭pantani

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    I doubt the jockey wheels themselves are broken?? but rather that the 'cage' that holds them is broken......in which case you are probably looking at having to get a new derailleur. If it is just bent, it can possibly be put back into shape - depending on how badly bent, but you may want the piece of mind of a new part. It is fairly important that it works properly, and safely.

Some folks on here might have a broken on that you can use for parts, or try some of the other forums (in the UK maybe) or eBay - these parts do come up from time to time
    Your rite it's the cage ,the spring is broken in it so probably looking at a new one ,would a sram force derailleur be compatible?
    ?thanks for the input Blaaman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Yes, a Sram Force mech will work perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭pantani

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Yes, a Sram Force mech will work perfectly.

Thanks eamonnator,I've ordered one!ðŸ‘

Advertisement