Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mallow 10

Options
  • 04-01-2017 11:55pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Heads up for anyone thinking of doing this race, they announced on Facebook this evening that they're down to 300 entries remaining. Get in, now. This is hands down my favourite ten mile race in Ireland - can't justify the travel now I have Trim closer to home but would absolutely be in there if I wasn't Ironman training this year.
    Great timing for a race of this distance also, if you're doing a spring marathon

https://www.facebook.com/Mallow-10-mile-road-race-116593411737274/?fref=ts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

Missed the entry :(
    Was wondering if anyone has an entry they would be willing to transfer?
    Transfers allowed until feb 10. Will pay.
    Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

TheTubes wrote: »
    Missed the entry :(
    Was wondering if anyone has an entry they would be willing to transfer?
    Transfers allowed until feb 10. Will pay.
    Thanks

Another race allowing transfers. The future is here. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Absolutely glorious day in Mallow today (assuming you like sunshine!), really happy it went perfectly for Mallow AC after the horrible accident last year.

Incidentally, I had the pleasure of running with the very modest Alex O'Shea who was one of the pacers & was giving me some tips and mentioned a 40 mile event he ran two weeks ago but never mentioned he won it of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

I've no issue with sunshine but always struggle in the heat. It was a perfect day for anything but running hard for me.

Still, can't fault anything about the race or the organisation of it. Second visit to the Mallow 10 and on both occasions it hasn't been a let down.

Hope the guy collapsed on the finish line (top half of him was over it, bottom half not) was ok. Happened around the 65-70 minute mark I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭deisedude

Really enjoyable race, very well organised and best of all great spread afterwards!

The heat was tough, maybe moreso as haven't done a training run in heat for months

• Advertisement
Advertisement