Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shimano rs11

Options
  • 05-01-2017 1:05am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The last thread I found with these was 2 years old. Any opinion on rs11s? I'm around 89kg and need something relatively robust and cheap to get me through the next couple o months at least.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

I am around the same weight (82kg) and I have always used 36 spoke Open Pros on Shimano hubs.

I find them very strong and have even done a bit of light touring on them.

If you are a "weight weenie" then probably not for you but for everyday use then they are excellent.

Probably much the same price as RS11s.

https://www.rosebikes.com/article/rose-road-wheel-set-28700c-mavic-open-pro--shimano-105-5800/aid:401809

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭lissard

I have 2 sets of RS11s. I upgraded from the stock wheels that came with my giant Defy and they certainly roll better. Think I paid around €120 for a set on Ribble. I'm around 90kg and they seem pretty robust. For the price point (<€200) I think they are pretty decent wheels.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

lissard wrote: »
    I have 2 sets of RS11s. I upgraded from the stock wheels that came with my giant Defy and they certainly roll better. Think I paid around €120 for a set on Ribble. I'm around 90kg and they seem pretty robust. For the price point (<€200) I think they are pretty decent wheels.

Good stuff. I ordered a set a couple of hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Thicas15

They are so good. I used them for long time

Advertisement