Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inactive Graduate Account

Options
  • 05-01-2017 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

To whom it may concern, 

I opened an account when I started college in 2012. I stopped using the account in 2014 and there's been no activity on the account ever since. 

I've been told in December 2016 that the account is now inactive, however I have recently received an email saying that my graduate package was extended for another 12 months. 

As of Jan 2017, I am no longer able to access 365online.

1) I am planning on re-activating the account as soon as possible. What should I do ? 

2) Can funds be transferred into the account despite the account being inactive ? 

Thank you for your time 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi fgd8,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

To reactivate the account, you'll need to provide your account holding branch with valid photo id and proof of your address. Although it is possible to transfer funds into an inactive account you need to bear in mind the account would be blocked to debits so you would not be able to transfer the funds back out until the account has been reactivated. 

Thanks
    Tara O

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fgd8

Thank you very much for your quick reply. 
    Can I reactivate the account by sending a letter (along with photo id copy and proof of address) to my account holding branch (college green) ? I won't be able to provide the documentation in person as the college green opening hours don't suit my schedule . 
    Thank you again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

fgd8 wrote: »
    Thank you very much for your quick reply. 
    Can I reactivate the account by sending a letter (along with photo id copy and proof of address) to my account holding branch (college green) ? I won't be able to provide the documentation in person as the college green opening hours don't suit my schedule . 
    Thank you again.
    Hi fgd8,

You can certainly send in a letter to request this to your own branch or you can call into any of our branches to do this. You will need to have the copies of your photo id and proof of address certified if posting to your own branch.

Thanks
    Tara O

Advertisement