Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6 Month Old King Charles Cavalier Spaniel - Raw Meat

• 05-01-2017 9:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys
    Just a quick questions "Charlie" is 6 months old - perfect weight and height, in great health and is a little happy dog we all love to bits. He has been with us since 1st Sep last year and in that tiime he has really settled well into our home.

Being 6 months old he has loads of energy and loves going for walks etc though careful not to over walk.

His baby teeth are all nearly gone but the 4 incisors although adult teeth have come into place the baby teeth are a little stubborn but loose. I want to help him get rid so apart from his toys and meals introduce a good raw meat on bone to encourage him to loose these teeth.

I have read about raw meat and it seems a lamb shank is great for cavaliers however i am unsure on this as first dog and not wanting to kill him with raw meat on a bone.

If anybody has experience with giving a cavalier or pup raw meat on a bone i would love to hear feedback just to make sure its ok.

Cheers
    Sorry if seems like a stupid question

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭3dogs

Hi,
    I don't think there is any meat that is specifically good for a breed as a dog is a dog really when it comes to food. I feed raw, a JRT, Jacker cross and a collie cross, my collie is a bit funny on chicken but apart from that they all eat the same. 

I would be an advocate for raw feeding but if all you want to do is get the last few baby teeth out, a good bone ( of any type really) or a good strong game of tug will help :)

Might be worth looking at this page on FB, there is loads of people on there who will be happy to advise and they aren't too scary 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1444315825805092/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Not specifically about Cavaliers, but have always given my dogs (various breeds) raw bones - doggy heaven! Since hes young and your first time, make sure its under supervision. Never chicken bones as you know (unless a raw chicken wing regularly to help keep those anal glands cleared!!). A marrow bone is a wonderful boredom buster in this house - hours of precision licking to get as much marrow out as possible. If you have a friendly butcher, ask him for some bones suitable for a small dog. We have a wonderful butcher that I collect a bag of bones from and wrap individually and put in the freezer.

Advertisement