Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recover deleted photos from SD card

Options
  • 05-01-2017 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Hi,

can anyone recommend a free program to recover photos my wife accidentally deleted from the micro SD card in her Samsung S5,

I tried 4 different so called free programs last night but all will only let you preview them, they want a payment to let you fully recover them!

I tried 2 programs that work via a usb cable into your phone and then 2 with the SD card inserted directly into the laptop but no joy!

thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

kop77 wrote: »
    Hi,

can anyone recommend a free program to recover photos my wife accidentally deleted from the micro SD card in her Samsung S5,

I tried 4 different so called free programs last night but all will only let you preview them, they want a payment to let you fully recover them!

I tried 2 programs that work via a usb cable into your phone and then 2 with the SD card inserted directly into the laptop but no joy!

thanks,

Recuva should do the trick. It was free the last time I used it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

+1 for Recuva.

Also Photorec has a good reputation too.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

fair play... I'll give it a go tonight,

Don't forget to recover to a different drive than the SD card

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Would this work to recover deleted viber messages?

• Advertisement

Unlikely. It might work with images included in Viber messages as they get stored in their own folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

parttime wrote: »
    Would this work to recover deleted viber messages?

I havent looked at the intricacies of what storage Viber use but they probably use a markup like XML. That way deleting a message shrinks a big file of all messages, not deletes a file storing just that message. Thus a file recovery suite could never find it.

As mordeith says, good chance itll find the images, or at least their thumbnails (Small versions).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,534 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Check her google account, the photos may be backed up to it. Also worth checking her Flickr if she has one.

https://photos.google.com

Advertisement