Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attacks in Dublin City Center Organised on Facebook

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

I hope someone put a 'wet floor sign' onto Henry street. It was reported the violence spilled out onto there.

With today's claim culture that could have led to a nasty court case!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

thejournal reporter
    Paul Hosford ‏@PTHosford 14h14 hours ago

Gardaí told me on December 27 there were a couple of public order arrest but, and I quote, "certainly no riot".
    https://twitter.com/PTHosford/status/817132206728560640

12 hours ago
    Paul Hosford Retweeted Aaron
    https://twitter.com/PTHosford/status/817153952169021440
    Eyewitness who works on Henry Street:

Paul Hosford added,
    Aaron @AaronWardicus
    @PTHosford atleast 200 tallaght boiis running down the road acting the bollox but i wouldnt say "riot"
    0 replies 1 retweet 2 likes
    witness etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

So a bunch of kids acting the maggot. The Independent has a lot to answer for in providing that racist rag (The Liberal) ammunition in their horrible agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Indo spinning another story out of it.

Still no pictures or footage. If only everyone had a handy pocket sized device with which to capture and publish images.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/calls-for-more-gardai-to-stop-gangs-after-city-facebook-mob-mayhem-35346912.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

ahlookit wrote: »

Still no pictures or footage. If only everyone had a handy pocket sized device with which to capture and publish images.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/calls-for-more-gardai-to-stop-gangs-after-city-facebook-mob-mayhem-35346912.html

Glad to see 'a source' is back, but this time not following on from any gardai reference.

And the 'manageress' returns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

So it's gone from "250 gang rivals" and a riot in the first headline (which somehow also claims the riot occurred on Facebook), to "more than 200 youths" and a "mini riot".
    The incident worsened shortly after 7pm as thousands of shoppers descended on the city centre to take advantage of the post-Christmas sales.
    It was probably the thousands of shoppers rioting when they discovered they'd all arrived in after the shops closed
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Bandage

I didn't think anybody used that "create an event" function on Facebook anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

ahlookit wrote: »

the indo reports it as if Zuckerberg himself arranged the fight
    City council members last night called for immediate action to tackle the scourge of violence linked to social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

According to city councillor Niall Ring, Gardai should 'monitor Snapchat'.

Another tech wizard like our earlier poster.

I blame blackberry messenger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I'd imagine being a young black male living in Blanch or Tallaght is pretty depressing. I don't blame them heading in to the city centre for sh1ts and giggles....but I wouldn't condone violence

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

It would be very unusual for liberal.ie to pick up someone else's story like that, no?
    Dial Hard wrote: »
    They're just picking up the Indo story, I'd happily bet the farm on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

MOH wrote: »

It was probably the thousands of shoppers rioting when they discovered they'd all arrived in after the shops closed
    :rolleyes:

Exactly! I thought I was misreading the 'article' when it mentions the thousands of shoppers arriving at 7 p.m. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 267 ✭✭Muhammed_1

These black children face racism everyday. Of course they do. Just because some liberals exist doesn't mean racism is dead.

Racism is in the ascendency. Liberalism is in retreat.

These black youths face prejudice every day and this is one way they can express themselves back to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Muhammed_1 wrote: »
    These black children face racism everyday. Of course they do. Just because some liberals exist doesn't mean racism is dead.

Racism is in the ascendency. Liberalism is in retreat.

These black youths face prejudice every day and this is one way they can express themselves back to us.

Where is the evidence that they were black?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It would be very unusual for liberal.ie to pick up someone else's story like that, no?

I was referring to the Lovin' Dublin story.

The Liberal just make their stuff up out of thin air.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Even if there were no videos,surely we would have seen people tweet about it or post something on facebook well before the liberal published their piece.
    We would have also seen scores of young lads on social media bragging about battering the heads off other young lads.
    Over 200 people boxing the head off each other on Stephens day evening (when the shops were closed so streets were starting to empty) would stand out like a sore thumb and there would be a hell of a lot more than 5 cars on the way.

We saw after the times published their piece yesterday, how the journo had been seen to say in a previous piece that he makes his money from clicks, the more hate, the more clicks. I'm sure this has helped the revenue for the liberal and the Indo has never shied away from a junk article for a click or 2.

Where is the evidence that they were black?

Or indeed where is the evidence any of this actually happened at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

This never happened. Result of Journalist not investigating stuff anymore. Stories are just printed now and not corroborated or substantiated at all. its hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

I was in a "riot" in howth about 3 years ago. Just kids running wild. No real damage but disturbing for families. But at the time it trended on twitter. As it happened. Probably here too.

This appeared out of nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

My mistake, I misread that as liberal.ie, whose article I'd read this morning. In my opinion, It contained a lot of agenda driven embellishment of the independent article.
    Dial Hard wrote: »
    I was referring to the Lovin' Dublin story.

The Liberal just make their stuff up out of thin air.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

We are discussing fake news....which is a newstory about that didn't actually happen.
    In fact this discussion of it is more 'real' than the actual story.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

the Indo is re-running the story - in fact it is now headlines :-

http://www.independent.ie

Every time i read the Indo the pasy year it makes me angry , I read it cause it is free, you get what you pay - how we miss quality journalism today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I'd imagine being a young black male living in Blanch or Tallaght is pretty depressing. I don't blame them heading in to the city centre for sh1ts and giggles....but I wouldn't condone violence
    What exactly is extra depressing about being black in those areas? Why am I supposed to feel sorry for them?

They are depressed because of the racism they face.

Irish people are racist in my opinion. People tend to hide it quite well perhaps but that's when there's no blacks around.

When there's blacks around they will be aware that not everyone likes them and that is depressing.

Multiculturalism doesn't work elsewhere and it's unlikley to work here.

All the virtue signalling in the world from Enda Kenny and others doesn't change the fact that Irish people on the ground are racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Muhammed_1 wrote: »
    They are depressed because of the racism they face.

Irish people are racist in my opinion. People tend to hide it quite well perhaps but that's when there's no blacks around.

When there's blacks around they will be aware that not everyone likes them and that is depressing.

Multiculturalism doesn't work elsewhere and it's unlikley to work here.

All the virtue signalling in the world from Enda Kenny and others doesn't change the fact that Irish people on the ground are racist.

Have you enough tar to go with that brush?

If I said the Irish tended to be drinkers would I be criticised?

I would say there are as many racists in Ireland as there are drinkers.

Of course this is generalising but what else can I say?

There are many racists in Ireland and all the liberals ignore that when coming up with their plans. Their plans fail because many people don't want immigration.

It's head in the sand type stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Couldn't make it in Africa, how are they gonna make it in Ireland with the added assumption that it's racism every time things don't go their way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

No weapons, no injuries, just a bunch of kids running up and down the street.

I wonder why people would describe that as a race riot?

Gosh, such a difficult question

Advertisement