Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attacks in Dublin City Center Organised on Facebook

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Muhammed_1 wrote: »
    IOf course this is generalising but what else can I say?

You could do us all a favour and say nothing else. And them crawl back under your stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

They are depressed because of the racism they face.

Irish people are racist in my opinion. People tend to hide it quite well perhaps but that's when there's no blacks around.

When there's blacks around they will be aware that not everyone likes them and that is depressing.

Multiculturalism doesn't work elsewhere and it's unlikley to work here.

All the virtue signalling in the world from Enda Kenny and others doesn't change the fact that Irish people on the ground are racist.
    I don't care what you think of Irish people I want to know what's especially difficult about being black in blanchardstown or tallaght and so far all you can point to is imaginary racism

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

If I said the Irish tended to be drinkers would I be criticised?

I would say there are as many racists in Ireland as there are drinkers.

Of course this is generalising but what else can I say?

There are many racists in Ireland and all the liberals ignore that when coming up with their plans. Their plans fail because many people don't want immigration.

It's head in the sand type stuff.

Why would anyone want to live in a place full of drunken racists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

They are depressed because of the racism they face.

Irish people are racist in my opinion. People tend to hide it quite well perhaps but that's when there's no blacks around.

When there's blacks around they will be aware that not everyone likes them and that is depressing.

Multiculturalism doesn't work elsewhere and it's unlikley to work here.

All the virtue signalling in the world from Enda Kenny and others doesn't change the fact that Irish people on the ground are racist.

That's a bit of a stereotype there.
    Like that lady who served me at the shop today... is she racist?

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    That's a bit of a stereotype there.
    Like that lady who served me at the shop today... is she racist?

Probably not but the quoted poster is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

PucaMama wrote: »
    What exactly is extra depressing about being black in those areas? Why am I supposed to feel sorry for them?

Blanchardstown is actually a pretty good place to live, but the poster obviously doesn't know much about either place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭Clarebelly

So............ this just popped up........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Clarebelly wrote: »
    So............ this just popped up........
    it didn't help that Paul Hosford mistakenly said that the story was a Liberal.ie original because he hadn't seen that the Herald and the Indo orignally reported and that theliberal did its usual alarmist rewrite, many people, like the unfortunate couple in the video are now are under the mistaken impression that it was the liberal who first reported on it

the herald published the story at 2:30 on the 5th of January
    http://www.herald.ie/news/terrified-shoppers-attacked-as-250-gang-rivals-battle-in-facebookstaged-street-riot-35342728.html

the Indo published the story at 06:34 05/01/2017
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/terrified-shoppers-attacked-as-250-gang-rivals-battle-in-facebookstaged-street-riot-35343400.html

theliberal published at 19:44

even with that video, that theliberal article was disgraceful exaggeration, of the Indo exaggeration

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

You would think with his legal issues the owner of the Liberal.ie would like to start keeping a low profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 artemis268

I was actually there around 6 or slightly after half 6 pm - i cant remmeber the exact time.

Shops were still open: JD, game stop, Arnotts.

I was at the other end of henry street just around JD and mcdonalds end and the whole henry street was packed with black kids. Just imagine the whole street, packed shoulder to shoulder with young black 20 year old something kids and it makes quite an intimidating sight. Security guards at different shops were locking doors and watching out at them waringly. I didnt make a video or photo and dont think anyone did because we didnt know what was going on and the kids my end of the street probably didnt know either. I was just standing back and ready to run in case this crowd turned into an angry one. Most of the kids were just idling around and checking up their phones. Then suddenly the crowds at the front end of henry street near the spire started running off and the whole crowd started to move away and dispearse, so i assumed the commotion was all at the front. Then they were all gone.

After living here for 7 years in inner city dublin, dodging menacing skangers and homeless drunk that are predominatly white- this docile peacful crowd of black kids was really nothing.

TL;DR: The crowd def happened, no race riots, didnt seem much from my end of the crowd, probs the commotion was at the other end (if there was any commotion at all).

• Advertisement

A number of young men from the Dublin 15 area were prevented from staying in the Mary Street area after gardai received information that another suspected race-related fight was due to take place in the locality. Gardai have established that a young man living in the Tallaght area is involved in organising the fight and they are closely monitoring his activities.
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/social-media-helps-gardai-prevent-mass-city-street-brawl-35405160.html wonder how many were there this time?

what does race-related fight mean?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/social-media-helps-gardai-prevent-mass-city-street-brawl-35405160.html wonder how many were there this time?

Bit of trouble at the racing I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

It means that the joke 'journalists' at that rag can't even be bothered making up another story and are trying to drag a few more clicks out of this one.

https://twitter.com/TheLiberal_x/status/834160791830065153
    strange an account with little history, claimed on theliberal facebook page to have seen the fighting and also this same account won a competition that many suspect are fake...
    https://twitter.com/TheLiberal_x/status/831904623304785920

https://twitter.com/TheLiberal_x/status/834160791830065153
    strange an account with little history, claimed on theliberal facebook page to have seen the fighting and also this same account won a competition that many suspect are fake...
    https://twitter.com/TheLiberal_x/status/831904623304785920

Leo Sherlock is an unpopular man. There are certain people (I know one of them) that if he said the sky was blue would swear it was black. But they don't dislike him because he lies it's because of his religious beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

But they don't dislike him because he lies it's because of his religious beliefs.

The thing about Leo is that you don't have to pick just one reason to dislike him - he offers so many.

RayCun wrote: »
    The thing about Leo is that you don't have to pick just one reason to dislike him - he offers so many.

If you knew the people involved in their little hate campaign you would know it's 99 percent his religious beliefs.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

If you knew the people involved in their little hate campaign you would know it's 99 percent his religious beliefs.
    When those "beliefs" are homophobic, misogynist nonsense and he openly supports a racist, lying, serial sexual predator, and he steals others work for profit, what's not to like about him?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

His beliefs are repugnant, just like him. And he is the one running a hate campaign. Him and his awful sister. Sick of people like them trying to control our country with their backward, horrible views.

Draco wrote: »
    When those "beliefs" are homophobic, misogynist nonsense and he openly supports a racist, lying, serial sexual predator, and he steals others work for profit, what's not to like about him?

I never said he was a good person.

If you don't like someone's views you usually debate it with him, you don't get private addresses and phone numbers and harass him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I never said he was a good person.

If you don't like someone's views you usually debate it with him, you don't get private addresses and phone numbers and harass him.

that's a fair point. People who play with fire, get burned.

Advertisement