Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance quote

Options
  • 05-01-2017 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi guys.

So I'm basically stuck right now.
    I was planning to get a quote with AXA and they told me that they won't insurance it cuz it wasn't insuranced for more than a 3 months.
    It's not my fault that I was unemployed and couldn't afford paying massive 400 euro on insurance a month...

So do you have any idea where can I insurance my car?
    Even thought its a litre engine its an old car, 2001.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

€400 a month? That's €4,800 a year. If your insurance costs that much get rid of the car, that's an insane amount. I could get a round trip taxi to work for 240 days a year with that money, and that's before you factor in fuel, tax, nct, maintenance, the cost of the car itself, etc.

Best bet is to shop around for insurance companies and brokers. Brokers will often give you discounts if you call them up. Google it, there are dozens of them around the country. Try smaller ones like Campion, Oliver Murphys, etc, along with all of the usual insurance companies and comparison sites.

Good luck

Advertisement