Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software for customers ordering

Options
  • 05-01-2017 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi I own a small shop. it's a seasonal business. Our suppliers are often out of our product and I want some sort of software for ordering for customers? I would want it to have a texting functionality when the item comes back in stock? There has to be an app for that. I've looked myself but not having much success.
    At present we use a copy book and I text on my personal mobile phone. But I know things fall through the cracks.

We have a CBE till system and I've contacted my rep and my system is not built to accommodate this unfortunately.

Thanks in advance.
    Post edited by Gloomtastic! on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paulmee

Hi,
    You could use shopify and use a plugin like: https://apps.shopify.com/send-sms
    That could be an expensive and perhaps over complicated solution for what you are looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

@iamafoodie, this wouldn't actually be too hard to build in a custom manner if all you wanted to do was note down customers details and then have the ability to text / email them when the item came back in stock. A good software dev could probably get this built in a week or two provided you knew exactly what you want to do. There may be an off the shelf solution but if you had a list of 'must haves' I'd be happy to discuss by PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Your post doesn't make it 100% clear what your requirements are.

Can you give an example scenario of how the process would ideally go?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement