Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile warranty massive problem

Options
  • 05-01-2017 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

The input jack in my Sony phone got broken and I brought it to the shop. After two weeks time I was told to come back to collect repaired phone.

They handed me phone and I checked it straight away and the fault was still there like it wasn't touched at all. I asked if I can get refund because I cannot wait another two weeks but they said it's impossible. Website
    consumerhelp.ie/faulty-goods
    says:
    "This should be a permanent repair and the problem should not reoccur. If the same fault occurs again, then you should be entitled to a replacement or refund."

I didn't know about the above at the time and I left my phone for another repair for approx. two weeks.

When I called in to collect the phone they said they replaced the logic board and the jack input was working indeed. However I noticed that a battery won't go below 50% as it was when I received it and then the phone went off and it was impossible to charge it.

I came back to them saying all of the above and I was told it's not Tesco who actually is responsible for repairs/refunds but some other company (?) I said I want refund which I should get in a first place. I was told I have to leave the phone again and they will contact that other company about the refund.

I haven't heard from them yet. It's been two weeks ago.

My spare phone was in pretty bad condition and died just before New Years Eve when I was travelling back to Ireland and that caused so much trouble!

Can I do anything? It's been almost 2 months without my phone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I suspect Tesco Mobile use the same Sony warranty repair centre as Three. I'm three months in to a small claims battle with them over a very similarly non-performed repair (which also took two weeks).

Tesco may be more receptive to pressure (in the form of a registered letter to their HQ or social media) to actually live up to their responsibilities and replace the phone. Three weren't!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 majufes

Yes, I was thinking about making a small claim, however I don't have my device...

I think the only thing I can do is to tell people about it. I already posted this story on boards.ie/ttfthread/2057689246 and my Facebook wall.

I think they might consider different option when choosing network if it's possible to face such a poor customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Well tesco can't repair your phone or check what the problem is, neither can most mobile phone stores. They are sent off to repair companies who see what the problem is.

Yes the repair should have been permanent. However, it seems it was and this is a different problem is that right? So that has to be checked and a solution decided.

The reason the second repair has taken so long unfortunately is because it's happening over Christmas when there's been multiple bank holidays and days off, courier companies are taking longer to deliver items and it is reasonable to assume it will take a bit more time under these circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Since you've given them two attempts to repair the phone for the same issue, and it's now gone back for a third time I'd be seeking to escalate now. A registered letter to Tesco Mobile HQ informing them that they have XX days to resolve the issue, or you will undertake a SCC case.

dudara wrote: »
    Since you've given them two attempts to repair the phone for the same issue, and it's now gone back for a third time I'd be seeking to escalate now. A registered letter to Tesco Mobile HQ informing them that they have XX days to resolve the issue, or you will undertake a SCC case.

It's a different issue

• Advertisement

It's a different issue

Two attempts to repair the first fault, which has now resulted in a third attempt for a fault incurred during the first two.

Two attempts to repair the first fault, which has now resulted in a third attempt for a fault incurred during the first two.

I agree on the first point and it should have been done but wasn't and isn't relevant now as the customer accepted the phone and took it home.
    However on the second Tesco are within their rights to check if the fault was incurred during the repair or if it's from misuse, being dropped etc as its completely different to the original problem.

I agree on the first point and it should have been done but wasn't and isn't relevant now as the customer accepted the phone and took it home.
    However on the second Tesco are within their rights to check if the fault was incurred during the repair or if it's from misuse, being dropped etc as its completely different to the original problem.

I get where you're coming from, and technically it's correct. But if this third repair fails, the the OP needs to stop letting them have multiple attempts and actually assert his rights.

I get where you're coming from, and technically it's correct. But if this third repair fails, the the OP needs to stop letting them have multiple attempts and actually assert his rights.

Yes I totally agree. Unless this one is perfect op needs to get his money back or a replacement.

Edit-i thought you meant scc now!

Advertisement