Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Issues (3 months now)

Options
  • 05-01-2017 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

I'm a new customer with Eir. Having only been with them 3 months,  I am already thinking of scrapping our bundle altogether! We'd had several issues, the first one being how we were sold the bundle and now with billing having changed our bundle.

I signed up for eir Broadband 4G in October. I was promised at the time of purchase over the phone that we would be able to monitor our data usage through the myeir app. I sent numerous emails throughout the month of October highlighting that the app did not allow me to monitor usage, just to be told that there was an 'issue' and to contact back again if we experienced issues with usage related charges. Our first bill came in and all seemed to be in order which was fine.

Moving into November and still unable to monitor our usage we received a bill dated 28/11/2016. €45 for 4G broadband (grand), €27.78 for eir Talk (we do not have a phone) & €11.70 for phone related service charges (again we do not have a phone). I decided to scrap this bundle and opted for eir Complete Broadband & phone.

Adis, the gentleman who I spoke to at the time, was very accommodating and gave us eir Complete Broadband & Phone. He assured me that the 4G bundle would be cancelled, a bag for the modem would be sent out for us to return the modem, and the new modem would arrive in the coming days. New modem arrived but no bag arrived for old modem. This bag still has not arrived as of today and the 4G modem is still sat in our living room but this is a minor issue. It took 8-10 working days for the new modem to kick into life, so as a result I rang into eir and spoke to Aisling on 06/12/2016. I raised the issue of our bill also, and she accepted that from her point of view it didn't appear that we had a phone (which we don't) and that a she would waive €39.48 off our next bill. This is the total charge for the phone and service charges we were billed for in November. She also applied €49.99 credit for the inconvenience caused. 

Fast forward to 28 Dec. New modem working fine, no issue with it and I receive a bill. €45.19 for the month. It is when I look at the details that the issues begin to reappear. As promised by Aisling, €49.99 has been refunded, but no sign of the other €39.48 for phone related charges. In addition, we have been charged €45 for eir Broadband 4G even though we were told this was cancelled and the modem has been switched off since December. No phone related charges in this bill.

I spoke to 'SriMani' this morning on the eir chat app who told me that he was waiving the phone related charges from our November bill and that we now have credit of €62.94. Not sure where this figure was plucked from, no explanation given when prompted. He then proceeded to tell me that the 4G Broadband was still active and I will need to contact the cancellations team.

So in summary:
    • Was told I could monitor 4G usage through myeir app - not the case
    • Charged for phone & phone related service charges - do not have a phone
    • Switched to eir Complete Broadband & phone. Told 4G Broadband was cancelled - have since been told its still active and am being charged for it
    • Still waiting on bag to return 4G modem
    • Phone related service charges not yet refunded
    [*]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

MrFlabr wrote: »
    I'm a new customer with Eir. Having only been with them 3 months,  I am already thinking of scrapping our bundle altogether! We'd had several issues, the first one being how we were sold the bundle and now with billing having changed our bundle.

I signed up for eir Broadband 4G in October. I was promised at the time of purchase over the phone that we would be able to monitor our data usage through the myeir app. I sent numerous emails throughout the month of October highlighting that the app did not allow me to monitor usage, just to be told that there was an 'issue' and to contact back again if we experienced issues with usage related charges. Our first bill came in and all seemed to be in order which was fine.

Moving into November and still unable to monitor our usage we received a bill dated 28/11/2016. €45 for 4G broadband (grand), €27.78 for eir Talk (we do not have a phone) & €11.70 for phone related service charges (again we do not have a phone). I decided to scrap this bundle and opted for eir Complete Broadband & phone.

Adis, the gentleman who I spoke to at the time, was very accommodating and gave us eir Complete Broadband & Phone. He assured me that the 4G bundle would be cancelled, a bag for the modem would be sent out for us to return the modem, and the new modem would arrive in the coming days. New modem arrived but no bag arrived for old modem. This bag still has not arrived as of today and the 4G modem is still sat in our living room but this is a minor issue. It took 8-10 working days for the new modem to kick into life, so as a result I rang into eir and spoke to Aisling on 06/12/2016. I raised the issue of our bill also, and she accepted that from her point of view it didn't appear that we had a phone (which we don't) and that a she would waive €39.48 off our next bill. This is the total charge for the phone and service charges we were billed for in November. She also applied €49.99 credit for the inconvenience caused. 

Fast forward to 28 Dec. New modem working fine, no issue with it and I receive a bill. €45.19 for the month. It is when I look at the details that the issues begin to reappear. As promised by Aisling, €49.99 has been refunded, but no sign of the other €39.48 for phone related charges. In addition, we have been charged €45 for eir Broadband 4G even though we were told this was cancelled and the modem has been switched off since December. No phone related charges in this bill.

I spoke to 'SriMani' this morning on the eir chat app who told me that he was waiving the phone related charges from our November bill and that we now have credit of €62.94. Not sure where this figure was plucked from, no explanation given when prompted. He then proceeded to tell me that the 4G Broadband was still active and I will need to contact the cancellations team.

So in summary:
    • Was told I could monitor 4G usage through myeir app - not the case
    • Charged for phone & phone related service charges - do not have a phone
    • Switched to eir Complete Broadband & phone. Told 4G Broadband was cancelled - have since been told its still active and am being charged for it
    • Still waiting on bag to return 4G modem
    • Phone related service charges not yet refunded

[*]

[*]
    Hi  MrFlabr,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm very sorry to hear of your eir experience to date. Can you PM me your name & account number & I will take a look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 MrFlabr

Having received the response of 'Thanks Cormac, so going forward you want line broadband only & the 4G device cancelled? Thanks,
    Pamela', which ignores completely a lot of the issues I have highlighted with my service, I have had no further response from Pamela.

Would anyone have the contact details of a customer service manager that I may be able to contact?

The complete lack of willingness to acknowledge a number of issues I have highlighted as well as one line responses means I need some sort of escalation! 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

MrFlabr wrote: »
    Having received the response of 'Thanks Cormac, so going forward you want line broadband only & the 4G device cancelled? Thanks,
    Pamela', which ignores completely a lot of the issues I have highlighted with my service, I have had no further response from Pamela.

Would anyone have the contact details of a customer service manager that I may be able to contact?

The complete lack of willingness to acknowledge a number of issues I have highlighted as well as one line responses means I need some sort of escalation! 
    Hi  MrFlabr,

I have not responded to the PM as we are not available Saturday & Sunday. 

I asked you this to clarify you did not want the 4G service anymore before cancelling it off the account. This service has now been cancelled & I will be back to you shortly via PM.  

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement