Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oven Wiring Set up

Options
  • 05-01-2017 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I've moved into a new build house and looking at my oven wiring set up.

The wring is set up as 3 plugs in a series, one for the oven, one for microwave oven and one for the fridge. I have wall switches for both oven and fridge.

The RCB is 30 amps.

Do I have limitations for my oven. The oven I bought has a Total connected load of 3.6 KW which is more than 13 amp plug load.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

CT2 wrote: »
    The oven I bought has a Total connected load of 3.6 KW which is more than 13 amp plug load.

Exactly.
    For this reason it would be best to have a dedicated circuit for the oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CT2

As its a new build , should the builder not have wired it correctly. I'm mean a 13 amp socket is not going to power many modern ovens.

Is my option to connect my fridge to a different circuit, thus giving the single oven the whole circuit.

Or is my option to have it rewired from the fuse board.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

I'm mean a 13 amp socket is not going to power many modern ovens.

I think you'll find it would be suitable for the majority of modern ovens.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CT2

Risteard81 wrote: »
    I think you'll find it would be suitable for the majority of modern ovens.

ok so is 3.6 kw extremely high for a single oven?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

It depends on the oven.
    A nice Neff double oven could exceed 3.6 kW.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Our single fan oven about 5 years old is a surprisingly low 1.5Kw.

We have to use the fan with ours but if you have an oven with an option to not to use the fan then the power consumption is likely to be a lot higher and above the rating of a 13amp plug.

Advertisement