Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK 3 Mobile Mifi versus Irish 3 Mobile Mifi

Options
  • 05-01-2017 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all! I'm considering buying a 3-Mobile Mifi 4G dongle online. I have been told that it's best to use a carrier locked dongle as you have better speeds which is fine because I am looking for a 3-Mobile dongle, as this is the best 4G reception I get in my area, but will an Irish 3-Mobile sim work in a UK 3-Mobile dongle? Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

dsdiplock wrote: »
    I have been told that it's best to use a carrier locked dongle as you have better speeds

By who? Their sales team?

Get an unlocked one from Amazon. Its possible that they'd accept both MNCs but equally possible that they wouldnt and it'd be useless to you.

Also unlocking Mifi devices is a pain (the networks dont give NACs for them) so its really best to be unlocked from the start.

Advertisement