Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constently being told we can get broadband?

Options
  • 05-01-2017 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Why do we keep being told we are eligible for Broadband only for the technician to tell us it would be a waster of time as we would not get speeds quicker than we currently have? Is this true or is the technician not doing his job? If we cannot get broadband please tell your salespeople to stop telling us we can get broadband!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

athlone99 wrote: »
    Hi,

Why do we keep being told we are eligible for Broadband only for the technician to tell us it would be a waster of time as we would not get speeds quicker than we currently have? Is this true or is the technician not doing his job? If we cannot get broadband please tell your salespeople to stop telling us we can get broadband!!!
    Hi athlone99,

Thanks for getting in touch.

There should be no decrease in speeds should you wish to change to a standalone option. The Broadband only option that eir offers to customers still has a phone line in place so there would be no change to the equipment in your home. You can view this option here.

Thanks,

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭athlone99

Hi,

Hi athlone99,

There should be no decrease in speeds should you wish to change to a standalone option. The Broadband only option that eir offers to customers still has a phone line in place so there would be no change to the equipment in your home. You can view this option here.

Thanks,

Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

We currently have broadband (3mb I think) and home phone with Eir. We rang and were told we could get fibre broadband so we upgraded our package and were told a technician would be in touch in the New Year. A technician then rang on Tuesday and told us as we were 1.7 km from the closest hut it would not be worth our while getting fibre broadband. Is this true? He said unless you are within 7-800m of the hut its not worth your while upgrading. Could you please clarify this? I probably should have mentioned that in the original query.

David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi,

Hi athlone99,

Thanks,

Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

We currently have broadband (3mb I think) and home phone with Eir. We rang and were told we could get fibre broadband so we upgraded our package and were told a technician would be in touch in the New Year. A technician then rang on Tuesday and told us as we were 1.7 km from the closest hut it would not be worth our while getting fibre broadband. Is this true? He said unless you are within 7-800m of the hut its not worth your while upgrading. Could you please clarify this? I probably should have mentioned that in the original query.

David
    I'm afraid this can happen  athlone99

Customers need to be within 2km's of the efibre cabinet to avail of the service & the further you are away from the cabinet will affect the level of service you will receive. Unfortunately, when placing the order to upgrade to efibre the sales team would not have visibility of a customer's distance from the cabinet and this will only be determined when the technician attends the site. I'm sorry I could not offer you better news.

-Pamela

Advertisement