Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D Printing in Donabate Library

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Is this a free service?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I presume you'd have to pay for the material?

There is no charge to 3D print at the moment.

All computer access is free in Fingal Libraries.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭drag0n79

3D Printing is now available in Donabate Portrane Library

Many thanks, used the service today for printing a small item that is impossible to purchase! Great to see the 3D printer in action. Thank you for your help.

There are some 3D printing companies in Dublin but in general you must buy in bulk or create a large object to meet the minimum cost (usually about €75).

drag0n79 wrote: »
    Many thanks, used the service today for printing a small item that is impossible to purchase! Great to see the 3D printer in action. Thank you for your help.

There are some 3D printing companies in Dublin but in general you must buy in bulk or create a large object to meet the minimum cost (usually about €75).

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear you were able to print your required item successfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Folks new to this part of boards, and also to the wonderful world of 3D printing.

I don't own a 3D printer, but got interested watching a video of a guy who 3D printed and painting a Dungeon.

I've got access to the guys STL files, and I was wondering if I could walk into the library and try a few test prints? Do you need any skills to work the printer other than selecting the STL file etc? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement