Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple I phone 7 insurance

• 05-01-2017 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Got an iphone 7 for Christmas which I love dearly and need to get insured!!! I got it from apple shop so I have no contracts, therefore cant get insurance through my service provider.

Any recommendations ??

TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Apple Care + is what you can get for screen replacements and so on Its fantastic

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Read the fine print on all phone insurance, they have so many gotchas and get-out clauses that IMO it's not really worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I don't see the point of phone insurance.

Around €100 a year to ensure a device worth around €700. It's craxy when I compare my €300 a year car policy that insures me for millions.

Just get a good cover for it.

Also, check out your home contents insurance to see if they can cover it.

Heard lots of bad stories about provider's insurance having ridiculous terms and admin fees and excesses when making a claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Get an Otterbox or good case + tempered glass and you're covered. It's waterproof this time around so there's one less thing to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Get a decent case, try not to lose the phone or get it stolen and put €15-20 euro a month in a jam jar. That should cover you for any screen break and with a bit of luck and care you'll have €200 in the jar to upgrade your phone next year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement