Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craft beer in Limerick

• 05-01-2017 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm planning a weekend visit soon but don't know the city too well so I was wondering which pubs in Limerick are best for craft beer? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I think most places in general have a selection of craft beers these days - Nancys/Michael Flannerys/Cobblestone Joes/Red Hen are popular pubs and have a good choice, some on draft.

Be sure and try Treaty City, it's the local brew

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mickey Martin's and Mother Mac's are your best bet.

The Red Hen has a commendable selection too, and a good cocktail menu.

Nancy Blake's have improved their selection a lot recently. They've Treaty City and Rebel Red on tap, two rotational taps, and usually have a few interesting bottles in a fridge in the OutBack bar as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

All those pubs are within two (stumbling!) blocks of each other btw OP, same side of town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

+1 for Mother Macs. They have a great selection of craft beers, some really obscure ones that you wouldn't get in the other places mentioned either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Thanks folks. Plenty there to try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Mother Mac's is about 50 steps away from Michael Flannery's which has an extensive whiskey list (as well as some craft beers) if that takes your interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

When's the Galway Bay Brewery pub opening? Haven't heard anything about it in ages. It's meant to be going into the old O'Donnells pub on Wickham St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The day after Marks and Spencer open I'd say.

Advertisement