Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hdewcameras

• 05-01-2017 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm about to bite the bullet on a new Nikon from hdewcameras.co.uk

Has anybody dealt with these guys before and if so, how was your experience with them?

I'm a bit weary if the cameras supplied are 'grey imports' but that said, they offer a free 3 year warranty with all cameras purchased?

They are beating all Irish based retailer on price hands down.

Would you recommend any other retailers worth looking at?

Thanks.

Alan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭eoinzy2000

Just bought a D7000 off wex photography. Years warranty and shutter count details were correct. condition was exactly as described. Camera arrived fast. I recommend that site. http://www.wexphotographic.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I have bought from Wex Photographic numerous times before both new and second hand, never had any problems, unfortunately they no longer ship direct to Ireland and you will have to use a delivery service like Parcel Motel (just don't forget to add extra insurance)

Depending on the value of the item it might be worth noting that Canon or Nikon may refuse to service/repair a grey market item.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Alan G wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm about to bite the bullet on a new Nikon from hdewcameras.co.uk

Has anybody dealt with these guys before and if so, how was your experience with them?

Alan

Bought a 6D kit from them, had to do a bank transfer if I remember correctly.
    No problems at all.

I really don't get this "grey imports" lark.
    You get the same camera with a longer warranty for less money. Thats fine with me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I have bought cameras all over the world. they are all "Grey" somewhere.

They are still the same camera it's just local warranty and support which is affected.

My first DSLR I made sure I bought Grey from Australia as at the time I would not have given the local agents the steam from a Trump Party.

Advertisement