Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can i find a store with a wide range of products

Options
  • 05-01-2017 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi, I am a new student in Dublin. I live very close to black. the only shopping center around is the Super value shopping center. My problem is that some things are pricey there. A friend told me that it is because it is a small outlet and they have small range of products there. So I was advised to go to a bigger shopping center and buy in bulk. I dont know how to find a big shopping center that has a wide range of products. The person who gave me this advice doesnt live in Ireland so they cant be of any help to me. Please can someone tell me any big shopping center I can use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,560 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Black? Blackrock?

There is a massive Supervalu in Blackrock Shopping Centre. They consider themselves premium so are always pricey

There is a big Tesco in Dun Laoghaire, it will be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Your post ie not very clear. Maybe take a look at your local lidl and Aldi. They tend to be cheaper than Supervalu.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,419 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Miaireland wrote: »
    Your post ie not very clear. Maybe take a look at your local lidl and Aldi. They tend to be cheaper than Supervalu.

Problem is that the OP want a store that's bigger and cheaper!

There's no Aldi or Lidl in Blackrork, nearest would be Lidl in Deansgrange (Pottery Road or Deansgrange Cross) or Stillorgan and Aldi in Sallynoggin or Nutgrove.

The person 'advising' the OP doesn't live in Ireland which makes sense as the Supervalu (formerly Superquinn) in Blackrock SC is a fairly big store. Next nearest big stores to Blackrock would be Lidl in Pottery Road or Tesco in Stillorgan SC or Bloomfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I think the person advising is thinking of hyper markets, which we don't have, and unless the OP has access to a car won't give much saving over shopping in a normal super market

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Something I found when I broke my wrist and couldn't drive is that Tesco online shopping is a godsend. I only paid one euro delivery recently although more usually four or five. But it comes to me from Clearwater rather than my local store and the range is bigger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Depending on what you're looking for, some of the smaller ethnic shops might be better value for bulk items, e.g. rice in the Asian stores..

For general groceries and toiletries etc, you won't get better value than your local Aldi or Lidl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Pheggiewillie

Thank you all. I think I will try the tesco online or at Dun Laoghaire. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Thank you all. I think I will try the tesco online or at Dun Laoghaire. :)
    If you want to buy in bulk forget Tesco online, they will send you out all the short dated goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Pheggiewillie

wow. thank you for the info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Not necessarily. Only happened to me once and I emailed sarcastically asking how they expected me to eat all the stuff on the next day....and got refunded and froze the stuff

Advertisement