Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daytripper Festival 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    unfortunately there hasnt been anything to attract me down to it yet but good to see it continue

What kind of music do you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

longshanks wrote: »
    What kind of music do you like?

stuff that only minorities like, rocks though

stuff that only minorities like, rocks though

Which minorites?

longshanks wrote:
    Which minorites?

Ah very unlikely the band's I'm into will ever play here, I'm lucky that some even consider to play in the country at all. Best of luck to the lads running daytripper though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Ah very unlikely the band's I'm into will ever play here, I'm lucky that some even consider to play in the country at all. Best of luck to the lads running daytripper though

Not many people big into ub40, ocean colour scene, madness, whatever..but they go along to support the festival and its a great night out.if we waiting for our favourite bands, they'd be no one at it.

• Advertisement

Max Powers wrote:
    Not many people big into ub40, ocean colour scene, madness, whatever..but they go along to support the festival and its a great night out.if we waiting for our favourite bands, they'd be no one at it.

Ah I'm very picky what I go to these days, not just for financial reasons, but I chose to do other things with my time and energy. You do make a good point though, it seems like this festival is still reasonably well supported, which is great, but I don't think it's for me. I won't write it off just yet though, but it's just not for me right now

• Registered Users Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I saw something like that also, but haven't they played day tripper in the past?

FC12CE4B-3420-46A1-ADC3-EBEA3C0C8C1B_zpsjul0fvxx.png

Isn't there 2 ub40s and this is the other one (not the one that played in 2015)or did they all get back together ??

Edit it's same version that played in 2015 (UB40 reunited)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UB40 (that is the UB40 of today)

It will sell no doubt, sold well the last time these guys played

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Didn't our own Gilbert O'Sullivan write a song about this?

A Clone again, Naturally

:)
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Isn't there 2 ub40s and this is the other one (not the one that played in 2015)or did they all get back together ??

Edit it's same version that played in 2015 (UB40 reunited)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1518288954850014&substory_index=0&id=604332726245646

UB40 confirmed for Sat 26 Aug in the new venue at the Gasworks Waterside. Tickets on sale Fri 3rd March at 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Will that be same weekend as bluegrass?

• Advertisement

dzilla wrote: »
    Will that be same weekend as bluegrass?

Don't think they announced the dates for the bluegrass yet but it's normally that weekend in August

Seems like Daytripper could only be the one day dis year. Not sure how it's going to sell as UB40 only played here in 2015 and I think they played in Dublin last year too

I remember In 2015 The Darkness played the day after UB40 and the singer looked so uninterested and was just going through the motions maybe they were told it's a car park

Christy Moore was offered the chance to headline one of the nights in 2013 but refused as he didn't want to play a car park in Waterford

How you know Christy Moore gave that reason, he's played Waterford numerous times, he might like the intimacy of smaller rooms but if the money was right I'd guess anyone would play day tripper.wouldn't be a fan of Christy or trad so my fingers are crossed for something a bit more upbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

I remember In 2015 The Darkness played the day after UB40 and the singer looked so uninterested and was just going through the motions maybe they were told it's a car park

Christy Moore was offered the chance to headline one of the nights in 2013 but refused as he didn't want to play a car park in Waterford

Uninterested is the last way to describe that performance. He/They put on some show.

thomasm wrote: »
    Uninterested is the last way to describe that performance. He/They put on some show.

yeah it was a good show but from what i remember Justin Hawkins didnt interact with the crowd much. Grew up listening to the darkness and was amazing to see them on our own footsteps

The years before i enjoyed the Kasier Chiefs (walking on cars supported them) and Madness. Didnt go last year but heard it was good

Its a grand little festival for our city and the organisers are trying there best to get acts here as we dont attract many big names here

Groove festival (Aug 21/22- who always have similar lineups to Daytripper has announced UB40 and Primal Scream as there headliners

Be good to see Primal Scream play at Daytripper if there going to be other days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

I think Primal Scream would be a big draw and would be great if they do play in Waterford...

Love that, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Would love to see primal scream at daytripper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

I was walking along the 'waterside' around lunch time today and noticed a large crane on the site placing what I assume are the sections for the new bridge.....so looks feasible that the gasworks will be capable of being the venue for this years 'day tripper'

• Advertisement

Primal Scream would be amazing, and would more than make up for the disappointment I felt when I heard UB40 were a headliner.

longshanks wrote: »
    Primal Scream would be amazing, and would more than make up for the disappointment I felt when I heard UB40 were a headliner.

were not sure if this years daytripper will be only the 1 day thing or 2/3 days

Primal Scream have no dates after there Groove Festival slot on the 19th Aug

The following is an interesting view on some UB40 fans http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80126720&postcount=632

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RonkoDeTonko

I thought Primal Scream are playing Sea Sessions?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭Sosurface

Oh great UB40 again. How will all the 50+ year old semi-literate dole lifers who are into them afford the tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

So is it just the one night this year?

iseegirls wrote: »
    So is it just the one night this year?

Looking like it sadly

From daytripper Facebook

FRIDAY HEADLINER !
    Hey Daytrippers, something to cheer you up on a wet Bank Holiday. Listen into Beat 102 103 this Tuesday morning at 8.15am for the exclusive announcement of our Friday headliner at Daytripper 2017. They are one of the most successful electronic pop acts on the planet right now and we are so excited to be bringing them to Waterford for an exclusive Irish show for Summer 2017. Check back here too on Tuesday morning for your chance to win the first 4 tickets. Spread the news music lovers :)

Wonder who it is ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I heard Johnny Logan is one of the acts.

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    I heard Johnny Logan is one of the acts.

yeah with Big Tom and Richie Kavanagh (Dj set) as support lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

yeah with Big Tom and Richie Kavanagh (Dj set) as support lol

Wrong. Dana and Linda Martin are his support acts.

Advertisement