Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daytripper Festival 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Was only on site there during week hoping some announcement.saw ub40 couple years ago so really wanted something else.haven't missed a day tripper yet so looks like that trend will continue.delighted.
    My guess....leftfield....suit me fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Max Powers wrote: »
    Was only on site there during week hoping some announcement.saw ub40 couple years ago so really wanted something else.haven't missed a day tripper yet so looks like that trend will continue.delighted.
    My guess....leftfield....suit me fine

Its been announced on Beat so that says a lot and as much as id like it be leftfield or the chemical brothers,its probably going to be someone more mainstream like clean bandit etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Leftfield surely won't do it two years in a row.
    New order ??

thomasm wrote: »
    Leftfield surely won't do it two years in a row.
    New order ??

Forgot left field did it already.
    New order even better.
    Moose....who the f is clean bandit.....will have to check it out..

Goldfrapp
    Le galaxie
    All twins? Who knows, great all same.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I guess Tears For Fears can be ruled out then ???

Depeche mode or jamiroquai maybe. Sounding like it's a newer act and not a has been act

Maybe they might be a rock/indie night on the Sunday

• Advertisement

Its been announced on Beat so that says a lot and as much as id like it be leftfield or the chemical brothers,its probably going to be someone more mainstream like clean bandit etc

Ha ha i was right good guess :D
    One of the biggest names in electronic music will be making their way to Waterford this summer.

UK trio Clean Bandit will perform as the headline act for Daytripper Festival on Friday, August 25th.

The news comes as the dance trio hit the number one spot in the UK singles chart last week with their smash hit Symphony, featuring Zara Larsson.

Supporting Clean Bandit will be Chasing Abbey, whose track That Good Thing, has been receiving heavy rotation on Beat.

The summer music festival is also set to move from the Regional Sports Centre (RSC) to the former Gasworks site in Johnstown.

Tickets for Saturday’s headline act, UB40, are now on sale with tickets for Friday going on sale soon at Daytripper.ie.

http://www.beat102103.com/music/second-headliner-waterfords-daytripper-announced/

Pretty good choice that will surely attract teens and younger adults. Good too see the festival attracting 'non has been acts'. Not really familiar with them but knw a few songs from listening on Spotify

Hopefully people will go to this and not just drink and listen In the vicinity (waterside, John Street, park etc)

Hoping for a Sunday headliner that may interest me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Ha ha i was right good guess :D
    One of the biggest names in electronic music will be making their way to Waterford this summer.

UK trio Clean Bandit will perform as the headline act for Daytripper Festival on Friday, August 25th.

The news comes as the dance trio hit the number one spot in the UK singles chart last week with their smash hit Symphony, featuring Zara Larsson.

Supporting Clean Bandit will be Chasing Abbey, whose track That Good Thing, has been receiving heavy rotation on Beat.

The summer music festival is also set to move from the Regional Sports Centre (RSC) to the former Gasworks site in Johnstown.

Tickets for Saturday’s headline act, UB40, are now on sale with tickets for Friday going on sale soon at Daytripper.ie.

http://www.beat102103.com/music/second-headliner-waterfords-daytripper-announced/

That's a very decent act to get. Not particularly my cup of tea but they are very big so well done to the organisers. Any idea how ticket sales are going for the Saturday? Good I hope!

Deiseen wrote: »
    That's a very decent act to get. Not particularly my cup of tea but they are very big so well done to the organisers. Any idea how ticket sales are going for the Saturday? Good I hope!

Yeah i was surprised to be honest when i heard it this morning they might not be known to many people on here but they are a big band who had the Christmas number 1 in the UK and they are number 1 again this week,rather be was a good tune from two years ago it has nearly 500 million view on youtube

And Rockabye was the Xmas number 1 it has over 800 million views

This is their current number 1

Yeah i was surprised to be honest when i heard it this morning they might not be known to many people on here but they are a big band who had the Christmas number 1 in the UK and they are number 1 again this week,rather be was a good tune from two years ago it has nearly 500 million view on youtube

And Rockabye was the Xmas number 1 it has over 800 million views

This is their current number 1

so they basically play backing tracks for well known singers and they will have with them in Waterford to sing those vocals ???

There a talented band no doubt and may be what Daytripper needs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

There basically a DJ act in the vain of say Calvin Harris they make the music and get the singers and yes they play live (girlfriend has seen them). I think they will have a live person singing vocals. Anyway i know i will be making the trip up to see them as i am a huge fan of them.

Will probably go to ub40 again as other thing prob not my bag...any word on support acts for Saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Sunday night hasn't been announced yet, so there is still hope yet;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Clean Bandit are a big catch - could easily headline any of the larger festivals in Ireland! Will be popping down to see them anyway, especially considering I'm missing Spraoi this year.

Aquos76 wrote: »

Really, I'd say it's 2 days now, that's it.don't know why i think that, probably just lil late in day is it.

Really, I'd say it's 2 days now, that's it.don't know why i think that, probably just lil late in day is it.

I honestly don't know whether it woll be a 2 or a 3 day event, information is very scarce this year, I only found out late on Monday night about Clean Bandit and that only came about because someone RT'ed a tweet on my timeline.

I honestly don't know whether it woll be a 2 or a 3 day event, information is very scarce this year, I only found out late on Monday night about Clean Bandit and that only came about because someone RT'ed a tweet on my timeline.

Info is scarce true...hopefully well supported anyway, I'll go again, not overly excited compared to previous years, hoping supports good, often enjoyed supports more than main act at it.I'm glad people seem happy with clean bandit.

Any rumours on support acts? Saturday night specifically.

• Advertisement

Any rumours on support acts? Saturday night specifically.

The Blades were announced today as support to UB40

Full lineup for Sat 26 Aug

Catch A Fire (Bob Marley tribute band)
    Propeller Palms
    The Blades
    UB40

Might go dwn if I can.still I could grab a few cans and sit down in the park or on waterside and listen for free lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The Blades? Must be pretty blunt by now! :pac:

The Blades? Must be pretty blunt by now! :pac:

That's not a bad one Harry,I have no idea if they were any good, I'll find out on the night.

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Well you got half of your wish

IMG_0692.png

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

I don't get the popularity of it - its a rip off the an existing format from a famous dj/orchestra and just seems to be real LCD stuff like when a blockbuster movie is accompanied by an orchestra to play the sound track. 40 somethings flock to it thinking its cultural.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I saw her and the orchestra at Electric Picnic last year and I was a bit underwhelmed. I was hoping for the orchestra to put their own interpretation on the songs to really lift them, but it honestly just sounded like a DJ set. Trinity Orchestra's interpretations of David Bowie was far better the following day, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Pity its on the same weekend as the Bluegrass in Dunmore. Would like to have attended Daytripper

dzilla wrote: »
    Pity its on the same weekend as the Bluegrass in Dunmore. Would like to have attended Daytripper

weird to put it on the same weekend. not sure will i go to any of the nights, id be half interested in UB40 but i could just go for a few drinks in the area and hear the whole thing for free :D

Dunmore soon to be the new hollywood :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Anyone at it last night that could say whether it was well attended? You never hear any figures on ticket sales. Also wonder how the gasworks worked out as a venue.

Advertisement