Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daytripper Festival 2017

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

From the pics I saw it looked busy enough

Was walking up the back lane/Stephen street at around 11.15 last night and didn't hear much of it, same in the John street area. I think it's a good location for it being next too the major drinking part of town and a few mins walk from the centre

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Saturday night was good anyway, good crowd,older crowd..was brilliant to see Apple market so busy after, it was buzzing.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Gillman1998

There was plenty of room to move around, I liked the big seating area at the back. Toilets were excelllent I thought. Bars were a voucher system, €6 a pop which was okay except it meant you had to take three bottles of water at a time which seems odd, could they not have had €2 vouchers for water?

Anyway, it all worked well, good security, interesting to see a number of Gardai in the venue, haven't seen that at a festival before. Great to see the Blades again after all the years.

I though overall an excellent gig and one to do again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

id loved if they got someone like Manic Street Preachers next year

UB40 will deff be back id say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

There was plenty of room to move around, I liked the big seating area at the back. Toilets were excelllent I thought. Bars were a voucher system, €6 a pop which was okay except it meant you had to take three bottles of water at a time which seems odd, could they not have had €2 vouchers for water?

Anyway, it all worked well, good security, interesting to see a number of Gardai in the venue, haven't seen that at a festival before. Great to see the Blades again after all the years.

From the pictures it did look like people were fairly spaced out so hard to tell whether there was a big crowd there or not.

Was it better attended than previous years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

You could buy water at all the food things.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Gillman1998

Max Powers wrote: »
    You could buy water at all the food things.

Ah, of course, didn't think of that, thanks.👍

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Spadzy

Was there Friday night...... Bar was disgraceful in how bad it was organised (or not organised as it seems).
    How could they get it so wrong after doing it for 5 years.

Caught a young fella robbing drinks too a few times....... told security and they did nothing about it.

Had tickets for Sunday but couldn't go through the pain again.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭invalid

Spadzy wrote: »
    Was there Friday night...... Bar was disgraceful in how bad it was organised (or not organised as it seems).
    How could they get it so wrong after doing it for 5 years.

Caught a young fella robbing drinks too a few times....... told security and they did nothing about it.

Had tickets for Sunday but couldn't go through the pain again.

Pity, the bar ran brilliantly on Saturday, there was barely a que.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

invalid wrote: »
    Pity, the bar ran brilliantly on Saturday, there was barely a que.

I heard they put on another bar for Saturday night because of the queues on Friday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭invalid

I heard they put on another bar for Saturday night because of the queues on Friday night.

Nope, same bar, just change in queuing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Benjamin Buttons

The Blades? Must be pretty blunt by now! :pac:

Saw The Blades on Saturday night and thought they were, eh, quite sharp. They gave UB40 - who were great imo - a run for their money.
    Pity the PA cut out a few times for UB40 but when it did we all sang for them, a fantastic night, and... no rain!!!!!
    I'll be back.

Advertisement